Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT what to do in Cleveland 4/ 11 from 9-4?
mb911
post Apr 4 2018, 12:26 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a dinner I must attend on the 11th but fly in at 8:30 in the morning.. Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 4 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 10:26 AM) *

I have a dinner I must attend on the 11th but fly in at 8:30 in the morning.. Any suggestions?

Ben, go visit the Rock Museum!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 4 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

That sounds like an option.. No world members close by to have lunch with?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Apr 4 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #4

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 4 2018, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 10:26 AM) *

Ben, go visit the Rock Museum!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

They have a museum for rocks ? Sounds boring.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 5 2018, 08:03 AM
Post #5

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Stoddard is up there. I know there are folks up that way, I saw them at the swap last year and some are customers of mine.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 5 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 5 2018, 06:03 AM) *

Stoddard is up there. I know there are folks up that way, I saw them at the swap last year and some are customers of mine.

Stoddard would be fun
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Apr 5 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482

Other than the Rock-n-Roll Museum, can’t think of many sites in Cleveland that are a can’t miss. Though I haven’t been there for many years, Stoddard was certainly a nice stop and not too long a drive from Cleveland.
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Apr 6 2018, 07:48 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,450

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 4 2018, 02:26 PM) *

There's a couple of us out on the far west side. I own the 914 World Calendar month of April car a '74 2L Bahia Red. Will be reinstalling the gauges after having them rebuilt over the Winter on or about the 11th. There is also another '73 2L White undergoing reassembly at the moment. Both of us are West of town about an hour from the airport. Checked my schedule on the 11th and am to pick up my new aluminum trailer that day. Sorry.

Checked the Indians schedule and they're playing Detroit in a late game. Also checked House of Blues and they do have anyone scheduled that day.

The Rock Hall is AWESOME for those so inclined musically that is. Plenty of Restaurants to pick from once your downtown.

Would love to show you the car. I'm in Port Clinton 50 minutes West from the airport. What is the rest of your schedule ???
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 6 2018, 08:52 AM
Post #9

914 Guru

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Apr 6 2018, 05:48 AM) *

There's a couple of us out on the far west side. I own the 914 World Calendar month of April car a '74 2L Bahia Red. Will be reinstalling the gauges after having them rebuilt over the Winter on or about the 11th. There is also another '73 2L White undergoing reassembly at the moment. Both of us are West of town about an hour from the airport. Checked my schedule on the 11th and am to pick up my new aluminum trailer that day. Sorry.

Checked the Indians schedule and they're playing Detroit in a late game. Also checked House of Blues and they do have anyone scheduled that day.

The Rock Hall is AWESOME for those so inclined musically that is. Plenty of Restaurants to pick from once your downtown.

Would love to show you the car. I'm in Port Clinton 50 minutes West from the airport. What is the rest of your schedule ???

Thursday unfortunately I am at Lincoln electric for the whole day then fly out that evening. So just Wednesday is semi open.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Apr 6 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #10

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

what to do in Cleveland 4/ 11 from 9-4?

Stay inside with the doors locked and stay away from the windows.

Just kidding. Sorry, I'm from Pittsburgh.
+Quote Post
jkb944t
post Apr 6 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,459

Ben, I would also suggest the Rock-n-Roll Museum which is well worth seeing. It has been a few years since I was at the Crawford Auto Aviation Collection but it was very interesting and is car related.

Lots of excellent eating areas too like Pier W in Lakewood and Fahrenheit and others in the Tremont section of Cleveland.

Jeff B
+Quote Post
ejm
post Apr 6 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #12

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224

The R&R Hall of Fame is very good. It's not a shrine to megabands but follows the history of musicians and music. A two minute walk east of the HOF there is a WW2 submarine on display. It's only open for tours in spring or summer but I got lucky and spent over an hour wandering around inside. Just past the sub is the terminal for the Burke Lakefront Airport which is home to the International Woman's Air and Space Museum. It's free and has exhibits throughout the terminal including this console from NASA's Mission Control in Houston that was used on Apollo and Shuttle flights.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Apr 7 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 19,450

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 6 2018, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Apr 6 2018, 05:48 AM) *

Thursday unfortunately I am at Lincoln electric for the whole day then fly out that evening. So just Wednesday is semi open.

Say Hello to Kyle Smith for me if he's presenting. Jim Pilny here
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 03:31 AM