Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ClubNarp.com Set to Expire, I won't be renewing it again.
Series9
post Nov 23 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

I'm listing this here because, even I, the holder of the domain name, can't log in to the website.

The domain expires on December 7th. If you want any data off the site, get it now.

I won't be checking back on this thread. If you need to reach me: joe@914rs.com or (386)256-9146.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Series9
post Nov 23 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #2

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602

For those who are unaware of the history of ClubNarp.com, here is an abbreviated history:

In December of 2006, the "major event" occurred at 914Club.com that caused the split that created 914World.com.

During the intense week when those events unfolded, a couple of members decided to discuss the creation of ClubNarp.com.

At the time, I was a very close friend of Joe Sharp.

The person who was talking about creating ClubNarp was basically unknown to me.

After talking to Sharp about the situation, I decided to quickly grab the domain name while it was still available. I did this to protect Joe Sharp, who I saw as the owner of the NARP name and concept.

From that point on, there was the management of the site and me, the owner of the domain. They did their job and I paid the dues for the name. It was kind of a check-and-balance arrangement that kept Sharp's concept in his control (if he wanted it, which he never did).

I don't know what happened on the other side, but the site is dead, as is my relationship with Mr. Sharp.

I'm ending my support by not renewing the domain name.

I won't be giving it to someone else, unless they have Sharp contact me and ask me to do so.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 23 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

That don't mean you can't drop in and say Hi once in awhile. Did you ever post the final pic's of your trucks cosmetic overhaul Joe? You weren't near that shootout the other day were you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Nov 23 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #4

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Good to hear your still around Joe
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Nov 23 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Sorry but the term NARP thing is lost with me,years ago folks used similar terms for the 912 ,928,968,964 and others.....have a look @ resale values now and see how they have risen over their respective model years and lately.
Sorry this has not worked for me Porsche never put their name on this car for no reason.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Nov 24 2018, 07:10 AM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 23 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Sorry but the term NARP thing is lost with me,years ago folks used similar terms for the 912 ,928,968,964 and others.....have a look @ resale values now and see how they have risen over their respective model years and lately.
Sorry this has not worked for me Porsche never put their name on this car for no reason.

Pretty sure the NARP term in this use was giving everyone else the thumb. I still have a Team NARP sticker on my tow car. I went through decades of discriminating PCA BS but still told people I drove a 914 even though a 993 was my DD.

+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Nov 24 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #7

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

Joe good hearing from you haven't heard from you since

+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Nov 25 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611

I'm having mixed emotions about this. There is some good information over there but we as the online 914 community don't need it anymore. We have grown a lot and the cars have gotten better and ourselves have gotten more knowledgeable about them. When I started Team NARP we could get 14 cars together but at least 2 of them had to be push started to leave. In 09 I did the WCR and I was the only one to call AAA. 50 Cars at Cars and Coffee and 50 cars at The Streets of Willow.
There is a lot of entertaining reading on NARP but Jon Nelson's build and my own will be the real loss.
Unless there is a way to get the information over here it is probably going to go away.
My position at Club NARP was member number 27. 26 people knew more about Club NARP than I did.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

P S. Thanks Ed.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Nov 25 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #9

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

There is a way to download the whole site onto your computer, or at least the forum db and the files folder. @SirAndy could do it pretty easy, but it requires Admin access to the server.
+Quote Post
Madswede
post Nov 29 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #10

Flat Out Driver

Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

After reading this, I checked into ClubNARP for the first time in a few months. I now see that (even though I could log in) there are no pictures on my car's build thread any more. It's just text, frequently referring to an image that no longer exists. I guess they're all gone now. Sad. Never knew how to get that info off that server anyway. Ah well. A real pity, that.

I do have several pictures still on my own fb page, and some downloaded on my computer, but not all that much. I should at least take notes of all the things Joe did when building the car, just for posterity. I'd forgotten about the stiffening kit, for one example.

Strange what can happen in a few years time.

- Jon
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:14 PM