Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> questions about a 205AA Dizzy with dual IDF weber 40's
Downerman
post May 17 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,296
Region Association: None

Anyone experienced with the actual install of both the dual Idf 40 webers (mine are from redline) and a 205AA distributor in a 2056 - 1973 2.0 with a mild Elgin cam ?

I've read that some have used the vacuum from the carbs, (Small screws in bottom) others say plug the vacuum on the dizzy and run with it. Ive seen timing from 28 to 32.

Application is spirited road/street driving, touring and trips to the grocery store.

If pics are available that would be great. Just trying to understand what your vacuum plumbing looks like from the carbs, all the way to the dizzy if possible.

After weeks of trying to dial in the MPS /injectors, ECU, decel valve and everything in-between I'm done. New Bowlsby harness, and countless hours and messages with resources, it just does not run well and I don't have the time and knowledge to go any further. I understand all of the finer points of why FI is a good system but I'm going to go with something I know how to do. Boxing all the parts up and keeping for someone down the road to have fun with. Turn me over and baste me...I'm done with FI.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post May 17 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,981
Region Association: South East States

I have the Redline kit on my stock 2.0. You have to use a lower pressure fuel pump and a different distributor. I strongly recommend the Petronix with their coil. I’m very happy with this setup. Might consider a new tunnel steel fuel line if you haven’t already swapped the rubber ones.
+Quote Post
914bub
post May 17 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,260

Apparently, you're done with US terminology as well. It's still a distributor here unless your smoking fags and installing black and white tile on the floor!
+Quote Post
Downerman
post May 17 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 12:22 PM) *

I have the Redline kit on my stock 2.0. You have to use a lower pressure fuel pump and a different distributor. I strongly recommend the Petronix with their coil. I’m very happy with this setup. Might consider a new tunnel steel fuel line if you haven’t already swapped the rubber ones.

thanks for the reply... yeah I have a new fuel pump and regulator coming. Carbs are here on Monday as well as the Dizzy. I hear really sweet things about the 205AA and want to give that a try. I'm also getting the Pertronix unit for that dizzy. Yeah new stainless lines, tank...the works are in place.
+Quote Post
Downerman
post May 17 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(914bub @ May 17 2019, 12:54 PM) *

Apparently, you're done with US terminology as well. It's still a distributor here unless your smoking fags and installing black and white tile on the floor!

Yeah well I still call Modesto MOTOWN too so I guess I'm out of touch. But thanks for the reply.
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post May 17 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Downerman @ May 17 2019, 02:02 PM) *

thanks for the reply... yeah I have a new fuel pump and regulator coming. Carbs are here on Monday as well as the Dizzy. I hear really sweet things about the 205AA and want to give that a try. I'm also getting the Pertronix unit for that dizzy. Yeah new stainless lines, tank...the works are in place.

I’m not familiar with that distributor. If it fights you at all get the Pertronix distributor. No vacuum to worry about and the advance curve suits the 914 2.0 well. I think I paid 160 bucks on Amazon for the distributor and matching coil and it came next day. Super easy to install.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 17 2019, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Are you planning on using the Djet version? If so why? You can use the Ljet and skip the vac advance. They tend to sell for far less money. The non vac 123 would be be the ticket if you have the coin.
+Quote Post
Downerman
post May 17 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 01:26 PM) *

I’m not familiar with that distributor. If it fights you at all get the Pertronix distributor. No vacuum to worry about and the advance curve suits the 914 2.0 well. I think I paid 160 bucks on Amazon for the distributor and matching coil and it came next day. Super easy to install.

Was that the per-d18664 (DIZZY) and matching coil Hcc-c10-5842?

+Quote Post
jdamiano
post May 17 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Downerman @ May 17 2019, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 01:26 PM) *

Was that the per-d18664 (DIZZY) and matching coil Hcc-c10-5842?

That’s them. Just make sure you note what cylinder the existing rotor is pointing to and position the new one the same when you install it. If not you could install it 180 degrees off. Only goes in right or 180 wrong. Set the timing to I think 34 full advance and you should be good. Verify the advance I’m going on memory with the 34
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:17 AM