Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upholsterer Needed, Tampa Bay Area
Ansbacher
post Dec 28 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Targeting this coming year to get my seats reupholstered. I would buy the kits, but would probably farm out the actual upholstery work. Does anyone know of a good upholsterer in the Tampa Bay Area (preferably the St. Petersburg/Clearwater side)?? Hopefully someone with experience on these type seats. Suggestions welcome.

Ansbacher
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 29 2020, 08:36 AM
Post #2

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Our seats are actually pretty simple in design. I would just get a bunch of photos of stock seats from all angles and give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rlotesta
post Dec 29 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,282
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2020, 09:36 AM) *

Our seats are actually pretty simple in design. I would just get a bunch of photos of stock seats from all angles and give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them. :beer2:

Auto Atlanta can do a complete seat rebuild including foam cushioning material. I purchased a rebuilt drivers seat for my 1976 and it looks and cushions like the original passenger seat. Be careful on your material selection. The vinyl pattern for 1975 and 1976 is different than earlier models. Also the right and left seats are not interchangeable due to the headrest angle and clearance for the parking brake handle.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Dec 29 2020, 01:09 PM
Post #4

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2020, 06:36 AM) *

. . . . . give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) When I needed a seat recovered, I found a Hot Rod Shop that had been in the same sketchy location since the 70's.
Talk to the guy in the back who does the work, not just the person at the counter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I was totally satisfied with the results. ($250. no tax, no receipt.)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 02:11 PM