Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT-Can anyone profide a home for Kya, I can't provide what she needs
DonTraver
post Feb 23 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

Kya needs a new home. Let me start with some background. I got Kya 5-6 months ago. I had been planning on going to the pound to adopt a dog. When my neighbor Toni came by and told me that a breeder she knew was looking for a home for Kya at no cost.

I talked with the Breeder about adopting Kya. I told the Breeder that I lived in a condo, that it had no yard, and specifically asked to make sure that condo living was acceptable for Kya. While I’m no expert on dogs, I do know enough to know that some breeds require specific environments. The Breeder assured me that condo living was perfectly ok for a Wiemaraner. So I said ok, I went to pick Kya up, and just fell for her when she crawled up in my lap.

I have since found out reading books, the Humane Society, and Wiemaraner Rescue that condo living is not acceptable for a Wiemaraner. She has to have a place with a yard where she can run. Wiemaraner are bred to run all day hunting. If they can’t run daily it will eventually affect their health. Wiemerieniers have also been bred to be outside during the day and inside at night. Wiemaraner have also been bred to interact with people and need contact with people, they are also protective towards their owners. Kya will generally follow me from room to room and just lay down while I do what ever I’m up too. The only time she gets excited in the house is when she needs to go outside to do her thing. While I own my condo, I can’t afford to sell it and buy a place with a yard. Anyone that lives in Southern Calif. knows what housing prices are, insane.

Kya has had all her shots, and it very healthy, her last check-up was just over a month ago. She has shown one food allergy, Kibbles & Bits. So she is back on IAM’s puppy chow and doing very well. Her treats are also from IAM’s. I use Frontline for fleas and Heart Guard every month. Kya is house trained and hasn’t had an accident in months, even when I’ve had an appointment run over. If I take her out after 9pm, she will not have any accidents at night either. She is also crate trained and often takes naps in her crate. We are also learning clicker training, so far so good. She does like to rip up paper napkins, plates and cardboard boxes. If you give her food, treats on a paper plate, she’ll eat the plate too, lol. She will try to beg food, but if you tell her to go lay down, she will, she is after all, still a puppy.

I have been taking Kya to a day care center a couple of times a week since I’ve had her, she does really well playing with children, those members who have met her at one of Joe’s BBQ’s can attest that she’s very socialized with people. She’s still a puppy (9 months) and loves to play with other dogs at the dog parks. I try to get her there as often as I can, but have been averaging 5-8 doctor and physical therapy appointments each week for the last couple of months and that will continue.

My main goal is to find Kya a new home where she can be happy and just be a dog.

I will bring Kya to you, or pay for her transportation to you after we talk on the phone to make sure that Kya will be a good fit for you and your family. I will bring all her stuff too.

Needless to say, I’ve become quite attached to Kya and making this decision hasn’t been easy, it has affected me more than I expected But I need to do what’s best for her, I want her to have a happy and great life in a suitable environment that I can’t provide for her.

So if there’s anyone who would like to have Kya, a really beautiful wonderful little girl. Please let me know.

Thanks, Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 23 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #2

I forgot to add a picture. This was taken last Monday 2/20/06.

Thanks, Don

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Feb 23 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #3

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

St. Louis and California are a long way away.... otherwise, I'd be happy to help you out. My wife and I already plan on getting another dog, but we're waiting till Summer so my wife will be home (she's a schoolteacher) to help house train the dog....... if Kya is housebroken, that would eliminate that worry.

She's beautiful though.... My folks had a Weimer...... great pets (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif))

Just FYI...... how is she with cats?
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Feb 23 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #4

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

How is she with cats and small kids?

I know she's a bit of a jumper, but that's what puppies do. Does she chew on things alot?
+Quote Post
d914
post Feb 23 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

great dog and far from being a condo dog!!!!! Too far way and just lost one of ours, major hit to the family so I know how that will feel..

Good luck, she looks cute (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Feb 23 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

don, i have 2 female golden retrievers... and a yard.

ill check with the folks
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Feb 23 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #7

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Darn, I thought by the title Kya was an exotic dancer (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Feb 23 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #8

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

She was a damn good dog while at the BBQ. A good pet for sure.
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 23 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #9

She got chased by a cat a few months ago, keeps her eye on them now, doesn't chase them. She weights 51 lbs., So she can knock a small kid over, usually when she's excited, I always hold her until she calms down. I've never left her and a kid together without close supervision.

She chews up paper towel, napkins, plates, cardboard boxes, hairbrush and one remote. House should be puppy proofed. She likes to pull the stuffing out of stuff animals.

Thanks for the answers guys, Don
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 23 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #10

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Does she have long hair? Is she a pure-bred? Our weimie was all short hair.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 23 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

Ya think she would mind relocation to Bakersfield?
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 23 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #12

She's a Long haired Weimaraners, pure breed. Their common in Europe, not so common here. If I remember this right, The AKC doesn't fully accedit the Long Hair. There's like 4 things a dog has to do, to get some rating or something. They only let the Long Hair do the outside ones. Everywhere else in the world, the Long Hair is fully accepted. The last time the AKC voted on the breed was 1971, guess they don't want to rush it, lol.

Nothing wrong with Bakersfiield, just needs a good home.

Thanks, Don
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 23 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #13

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

Sent ya a PM.
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Feb 23 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #14

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

Don, Im sorry to hear the news about Kya, she sure is a beatiful dog, if I had the room, I'd take her in a heart beat. I'm sure you'll find a good home for her. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Feb 23 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 391

I have a large shipping cage that I can donate (that means free) if someone wants to fly her somewheres. It held our English Bulldog puppy when we got him.
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Feb 24 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 506

Yeah not sure what crak pipe the breeder was smoking. Our short haired wimeriner is a total spaz, and at 100 pounds can easily knock over kids, tables, the GF, any alot of stuff.

He is a smart, and funny. And he thinks he is a Lap dog. They are neato dogs. Everyone comments on him, and expects him to be vicious. I guess its a little offputting the first time wimeriners yarm, THey do have big mouths.

Good luck with moving yours. Our city ordnances is 2 dogs for some reason. But someone will get a fine dog out of this.
+Quote Post
MattR
post Feb 24 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 23 2006, 06:47 PM)
She was a damn good dog while at the BBQ. A good pet for sure.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)

I've spent a couple of 914club BBQs with this dog, and she is a great dog. Hopefully a club member will help out!
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Feb 24 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #18

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

She is also a very beautiful color, kinda of a silvery-grey,

John
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 24 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #19

Won't go into what I think of the breeder, this all could have been avoided if they had told the truth. But then I would have missed meeting Kya.

If I seem a little slow answering, it's cause this isn't easy and I don't want to give her up immediately, I'd still like to spend some more time with her. Nor do I want to get in a hurry.

I've got a dental appt this morning, once the stuff wears off so I can talk, I'll be calling.

Thanks Guys for bearing with me.

Later, Don

+Quote Post
Dead Air
post Feb 24 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,042

QUOTE (DonTraver @ Feb 23 2006, 12:23 PM)
I forgot to add a picture. This was taken last Monday 2/20/06.

Thanks, Don

[QUOTE]

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)

The dog is cute, too!

I'm itching to get a dog but we're not home enough and I'm sure the cats wouldn't be into it.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:04 PM