Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fingers crossed., Red car is back home
ppickerell
post May 23 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #1

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

After a long strange journey, the red car that got me hooked on 914's is back from a LONG rebuild cycle. Almost all new mechanicals, and whenever possible and practical; premium components. Car runs and drives GREAT, but looks like shit! Time for some months of driving and then we will see about flares, paint, interior. Here is what it looked like before sitting at the shop for two fucking years.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GTeener
post May 23 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #2

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ppickerell @ May 23 2006, 02:05 PM) *

After a long strange journey, the red car that got me hooked on 914's is back from a LONG rebuild cycle. Almost all new mechanicals, and whenever possible and practical; premium components. Car runs and drives GREAT, but looks like shit! Time for some months of driving and then we will see about flares, paint, interior. Here is what it looked like before sitting at the shop for two fucking years.

Congrats on getting your car back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

2 years seems to be about the going rate for rebuilds on these cars. Took that long to get my car conversion done (some members know the tale). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif)
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post May 23 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Finally!!

I tried so hard to help out in getting that car finished up while I was there. I am glad to finally see it back home.

-Britain
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 23 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Let me guess: They made no attempt at detailing it?

+Quote Post
ppickerell
post May 23 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #5

914 addicted

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 04:09 PM) *

Let me guess: They made no attempt at detailing it?

No attempt discernible and no surprise. The surprise is that the car made it to Concord and back today with NO PROBLEMS!
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 23 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #6

914 Freak!

It will be a good car.

I saw some issues that need to be taken care of, but it is something you or your son can do.

I was a little miffed when I saw how the fuel pump was mounted and the shitty fix on the clutch cable tube. Both of these issues SHOULD have been taken care of after one of the three engine removals. It would have been a tad easier with a empty engine compartment. I asked him about it, and he said he didnt want to spend any more labor time on the car.

FYI: they didnt mount the pump or fix the tube originally. I just feel it is their responsibiltiy to inform/correct these little bullshit problems as they see them. They know what is right and what is wrong/half ass. I didnt have time to address the issues. I was spending all my time on the engine.

B
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post May 23 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #7

914 addicted

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 04:51 PM) *

It will be a good car.

I saw some issues that need to be taken care of, but it is something you or your son can do.

I was a little miffed when I saw how the fuel pump was mounted and the shitty fix on the clutch cable tube. Both of these issues SHOULD have been taken care of after one of the three engine removals. It would have been a tad easier with a empty engine compartment. I asked him about it, and he said he didnt want to spend any more labor time on the car.

FYI: they didnt mount the pump or fix the tube originally. I just feel it is their responsibiltiy to inform/correct these little bullshit problems as they see them. They know what is right and what is wrong/half ass. I didnt have time to address the issues. I was spending all my time on the engine.

B

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 23 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #8

914 Freak!

I'm just sorry I didnt have time to fix it.

The reason the fuel pump is not mounted correctly: the engine shelf is rusted right were the mounts should be for the fuel pump (typical rot area)

The clutch tube is going to be some work. It works fine, it just appears that a 10y.o welded the plate to it (home user with new welder)

Dont shoot the messenger on this one. I'm trying desperately to help out the best I can.

B
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 24 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #9

914 Freak!

Here is the picture I needed.

B
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:52 AM