Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can the trunk lids be adjusted at the latches?
Mid_Engine_914
post Nov 18 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,888

Both my front and rear trunk lids don't fit flush with the fenders (they sit about a 1/4 in. high) so I was wondering how can I adjust them so they fit as good as on Trevorg7's car?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-3241-1163556748.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-3241-1163556839.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chogokin
post Nov 18 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,878

I have the same problem, I was thinking about putting in some rubber stoppers to level them out.. not sure though I haven't gotten that far yet..
+Quote Post
abearauto
post Nov 18 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 677

if you can supply any photos here then i can walk you thru . depending on how bad the gaps are the front hood has alot of adjustments up and down, also can adjust the cowl panel, the rear has no real adjustment down other thank tweaking a little here and there, there was someone ont this site selling an adustable rear hinge piviot that looks really cool, another thing that i have found out that the aftermarket seals do not have the same tolorances that the factory has ,and noticed that the rear aftermarket seal tends to make the deck lid sit high, you can adjust the rear lock lower but the seal prevents it from latching, sometimes it is easier to remove the hood our trunk latch and see how it shuts, this will rule out the latch bing the problem, remember anything can be made to fit better , sometimes its easy and sometimes its not ,, hope this helps,,steve
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Nov 18 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Do not forget to adjust the rubber stopper in each corner. They screw up and down. You may have to take a pair of pliers to adjust them with depending on condition.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 18 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #5

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

The rear trunk male part on the lid has a big nut on it that can be adjusted for height. the front trunk latch in the trunk can be adjusted too.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mid_Engine_914
post Nov 18 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,888

Thanks for the advice. I adjusted the front trunk latch downward as far as it would go and now the front trunk lid fit’s a bit better. I think the problem with the rear trunk lid may have to do with the old trunk seals because after I removed them the lid fit much better.
+Quote Post
abearauto
post Nov 18 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 677

if the old trunk seals are oem , putting new ones on wont fix the problem, will make it worse untill they seat in, the old ones in good conditoion will allow the trunk to set down farther, is the rear trunk seal in the correct way not backwards? i found one that was installed backwards, the seal is designed to kinda fold over and seal , took me awhile to figure that one out trying to adust the deck lid with a rear seal removed from another car , who the p/o must have put in on backwards, and it had been seated wrong,, just my 2cents good luck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:15 PM