Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hershey 914 Schedule, KEEP ON FRONT PAGE PLEASE
r_towle
post Apr 21 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #1

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Ok,

By request.
Lets figure out who is going, what is going on, and MOST importantly, what is George driving???
I bet he rents a ford.
We can place bets on what he rents...or somone local could loan him a car, I am sure if he breaks it, he will be able to fix it...

Please email me with cell phones and email addresses (email is the most important) if you are going.
As the email list grows, MAKE SURE to reply to ALL people on the email list.

We can start a rolling discussion, exchange meeting times, dinner times, cell phones etc..yet not have it posted on a worm searchable forum for the rest of eternity.

Its not perfect, but it will do the job.

So, Start emailing me through here, I will reply, and keep adding people to the list of names till friday when I leave.

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Apr 21 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Wow,
Lets try this again.

See if we can work this out so its not a PITA to get a good email dicussion going so everyone can communicate, meet up, whatever...

There are two ways to contact someone on the forum
One is a PM (private message)
The other is to Email them through the board.

EMAIL the message with the info to me, it lands in my email box (the one that is attached to my account here) and ...ready....it comes from your email address.

This way I can easily share this info with everyone that is going to hershey..

So, dont respond to me via a PM here, use the email button instead..

that way this will work.

Rich
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Apr 21 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,817

rich, lets see if i got it right?! my son sean and i will be going down; leaving on fri. afternoon. we havn't booked a room. we will be staying sat. and sun. we might take 2 cars as he was interested in the ax on sun. if he can use his car it is not a 914 though. will he be able to use his eclipse??? if not WE will be there!! 860-428-2725 ray

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Apr 21 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #4

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Emailed.
I'tt be driving up Saturday. I am local to the area, so I will be day tripping. I am looking forward to meeting people, and am hopeful that we can do a dinner or somehting.

If anyone is driving through York PA Friday night (IE, comming up from the south), let me know. I'd be happy to pull out the grill for a little pre Hershey fun.

Zach
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Apr 22 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #5

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I'll be there with 914 if no rain. What is the date? If it's in the next 2 weeks, I probably won't have the 914 back on the road. It doesn't have a rear suspension right now, just a big empty space so I can pound on the fenders w/o hitting the suspension. Also changing rear bearings and Eric Shea hubs.

Then again, I could bring the red 71. The longest trip I've made in the 71 is to the NHRA races in Reading PA (50 miles). Hersey is only 70. Hmmmm.

Spoke
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Apr 22 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #6

Dominic

Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

I'll be there with the family hunting for parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Won't be driving a Porsche though, just the Passat wagon (family/parts mobile).
Hope to see some 914 people.

Dominic
+Quote Post
wilchek
post Apr 22 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,177

MEETING POINT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
My friends and I have purchased 3 spots and will be setting up a banner with the world logo so everyone knows were to meet up. I am hoping we have enough room to set up some chairs, etc. to hang out etc. I am planning on having my 914 Ravenna green next to the booth so stop by and hang out. For those wanting to check the weather http://www.wfmz.com/wx/.

Link for info about the swapmeet http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

Shameless plug for our booth- My friends and I recently started a company selling items used in the medical industry that were never available to the public. At the Porsche show we will be selling our workcloth which is an all in one completely impervious to liquid aborbent fabric that can be used as a shop dropcloth, shoprag, car protector, seat cover, temporary car cover, buffing cloth, paint cover etc. etc. etc. The stuff is incredibility tuff when wet or dry and can be cut to size but it will not ripe or tear when wet or dry. Check out our website at http://www.surgicalgrade.com/

Look for our logo to find the booth where we will set up a meeting area for 914 members

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914rrr
post Apr 22 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

We will be there on Friday and Saturday nights. We are staying at the Econolodge at exit 80. Clean, cheap, and the wife approves of the hotel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Apr 22 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #9

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

QUOTE(wilchek @ Apr 22 2007, 11:25 AM) *

MEETING POINT FOR CLUB MEMBERS

My friends and I have purchased 3 spots and will be setting up a banner with the world logo so everyone knows were to meet up. I am hoping we have enough room to set up some chairs, etc. to hang out etc. I am planning on having my 914 Ravenna green next to the booth so stop by and hang out. For those wanting to check the weather http://www.wfmz.com/wx/.

Link for info about the swapmeet http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

Shameless plug for our booth- My friends and I recently started a company selling items used in the medical industry that were never available to the public. At the Porsche show we will be selling our workcloth which is an all in one completely impervious to liquid aborbent fabric that can be used as a shop dropcloth, shoprag, car protector, seat cover, temporary car cover, buffing cloth, paint cover etc. etc. etc. The stuff is incredibility tuff when wet or dry and can be cut to size but it will not ripe or tear when wet or dry. Check out our website at http://www.surgicalgrade.com/

Look for our logo to find the booth where we will set up a meeting area for 914 members

Are ya talkin covered or noncovered spots? You should expect and be prepared for the worst since rain has always been a problem as well and cold wet wind at that. Perhaps a raffel would cover some expenses or sumtin?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)I'd like to be a weather man just to see how many times I could screw up until they repremanded me. OOOH, and they are talking about global warming right? They should call it record setting weather rather than global warming unless they are taking the Y2K approach.
+Quote Post
wilchek
post Apr 22 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,177

we have a 10 x 10 tent with sides. I may be able to get another if it looks like we will have rain. Does anyone have a folding tent that they could bring in case we need an extra one?? We will be up Friday night if anyone wants to get togehter at a local hangout. I think Dr Evil was working on something but he has been busy with school so I am not sure if he had time to set something up. He lives in the Hershey area and knows of some good places to go.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Apr 22 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #11

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

The Dr. knows the hang outs fo show! He be goodatdet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
ws91420
post Apr 22 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #12

Yes I have one a Lensley 914

From: Ruther Glen,VA (halfway between sticks and civilization)
Member No.: 1,137

My Wife and I will be coming up Friday night Comfort Inn Harrisburg. Will have a laptop there.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Apr 23 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #13

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

Local weather forcast shows some rain on Friday, sun and clouds on Sat and Sun.

Do we have to do anything special to park 914's inside the gates? I recall last year someone was looking for a car count to reserve spaces for Porsche parking.

The green car is not going, still don't have the rear suspension on nor am I finished shaping the rear flares. Also just removed the muffler heat shield since it has rust holes and was in the way of some fender impact damage. Hopefully the red car will be there.

Spoke
+Quote Post
jwhcars
post Apr 23 2007, 06:01 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,563

I will be there Saturday and Sunday at the Porsche only autocross

My wife and I will be working at the car corral from 9 to 12
+Quote Post
RON S.
post Apr 23 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #15

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

My wife,me and one grandchild will be there Saturday,we'll be at the Econolodge in Grantville.

I hope to see ya'll there.

Ron
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 23 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #16

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Hey All,
Where we can meet is up int he air. I need to know numbers, predilections, and distance willing to travel. It figures that the weather this weekend was some of the best I have ever experienced her in Hershey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) The weather will likely be nice next weekend, nothing like last year. I sent my info to R Towle and figure he is a good person to herd the cats. I'll be in classes all week so I will not have much time to junt for a place to meet, but if ya'll wanna PM me and let me know what you are thinking, I will do my best to seek out a good spot with plenty of parking.
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Apr 23 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #17

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

Lets hope the hershey rain curse does not show up. This past weekend was the usually scheduled weekend and it was the nicest weekend in a very long time.They changed the date for a week later to kill the curse!?!? We shall see! I hope not, although I will not be attending anyways but I will be praying for sunshine for you all! Have a fun, but safe weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

P/S If anyone sees "Fitsbain" (Brian) Tell him his car is RUSTY!
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 23 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #18

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

If anyone has not purchased a spot we may all want together and buy spots together to extend the room and sort of hang out that way.
I have three of my guys coming up in a van with tent and tables and some product. If anyone needs anything we will bring it up for them.
I was thinking about flying in to philly and driving out there, but certainly would not want to show up in a Ford, unless it was a gt 40!
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Apr 23 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #19

Custom Member

good to hear you are making a valid showing...a great way to advertise...Im sure you will have alot of fun.

Look at hertz, I think you may be able to get a hertz mustang at the philly airport...black/gold...

Rich
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Apr 23 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #20

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

Since you will be flying to Philly I believe the PC thing to do is drive into Hershey in a Prius! Unless Al Gore cares to sell you some carbon offsets! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:53 AM