Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey 914 Schedule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
r_towle
Ok,

By request.
Lets figure out who is going, what is going on, and MOST importantly, what is George driving???
I bet he rents a ford.
We can place bets on what he rents...or somone local could loan him a car, I am sure if he breaks it, he will be able to fix it...

Please email me with cell phones and email addresses (email is the most important) if you are going.
As the email list grows, MAKE SURE to reply to ALL people on the email list.

We can start a rolling discussion, exchange meeting times, dinner times, cell phones etc..yet not have it posted on a worm searchable forum for the rest of eternity.

Its not perfect, but it will do the job.

So, Start emailing me through here, I will reply, and keep adding people to the list of names till friday when I leave.

Rich
r_towle
Wow,
Lets try this again.

See if we can work this out so its not a PITA to get a good email dicussion going so everyone can communicate, meet up, whatever...

There are two ways to contact someone on the forum
One is a PM (private message)
The other is to Email them through the board.

EMAIL the message with the info to me, it lands in my email box (the one that is attached to my account here) and ...ready....it comes from your email address.

This way I can easily share this info with everyone that is going to hershey..

So, dont respond to me via a PM here, use the email button instead..

that way this will work.

Rich
firstknight13
rich, lets see if i got it right?! my son sean and i will be going down; leaving on fri. afternoon. we havn't booked a room. we will be staying sat. and sun. we might take 2 cars as he was interested in the ax on sun. if he can use his car it is not a 914 though. will he be able to use his eclipse??? if not WE will be there!! 860-428-2725 ray
VaccaRabite
Emailed.
I'tt be driving up Saturday. I am local to the area, so I will be day tripping. I am looking forward to meeting people, and am hopeful that we can do a dinner or somehting.

If anyone is driving through York PA Friday night (IE, comming up from the south), let me know. I'd be happy to pull out the grill for a little pre Hershey fun.

Zach
Spoke
I'll be there with 914 if no rain. What is the date? If it's in the next 2 weeks, I probably won't have the 914 back on the road. It doesn't have a rear suspension right now, just a big empty space so I can pound on the fenders w/o hitting the suspension. Also changing rear bearings and Eric Shea hubs.

Then again, I could bring the red 71. The longest trip I've made in the 71 is to the NHRA races in Reading PA (50 miles). Hersey is only 70. Hmmmm.

Spoke
Dominic
I'll be there with the family hunting for parts biggrin.gif
Won't be driving a Porsche though, just the Passat wagon (family/parts mobile).
Hope to see some 914 people.

Dominic
wilchek
MEETING POINT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
My friends and I have purchased 3 spots and will be setting up a banner with the world logo so everyone knows were to meet up. I am hoping we have enough room to set up some chairs, etc. to hang out etc. I am planning on having my 914 Ravenna green next to the booth so stop by and hang out. For those wanting to check the weather http://www.wfmz.com/wx/.

Link for info about the swapmeet http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

Shameless plug for our booth- My friends and I recently started a company selling items used in the medical industry that were never available to the public. At the Porsche show we will be selling our workcloth which is an all in one completely impervious to liquid aborbent fabric that can be used as a shop dropcloth, shoprag, car protector, seat cover, temporary car cover, buffing cloth, paint cover etc. etc. etc. The stuff is incredibility tuff when wet or dry and can be cut to size but it will not ripe or tear when wet or dry. Check out our website at http://www.surgicalgrade.com/

Look for our logo to find the booth where we will set up a meeting area for 914 members
914rrr
We will be there on Friday and Saturday nights. We are staying at the Econolodge at exit 80. Clean, cheap, and the wife approves of the hotel! mueba.gif
JPB
QUOTE(wilchek @ Apr 22 2007, 11:25 AM) *

MEETING POINT FOR CLUB MEMBERS

My friends and I have purchased 3 spots and will be setting up a banner with the world logo so everyone knows were to meet up. I am hoping we have enough room to set up some chairs, etc. to hang out etc. I am planning on having my 914 Ravenna green next to the booth so stop by and hang out. For those wanting to check the weather http://www.wfmz.com/wx/.

Link for info about the swapmeet http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

Shameless plug for our booth- My friends and I recently started a company selling items used in the medical industry that were never available to the public. At the Porsche show we will be selling our workcloth which is an all in one completely impervious to liquid aborbent fabric that can be used as a shop dropcloth, shoprag, car protector, seat cover, temporary car cover, buffing cloth, paint cover etc. etc. etc. The stuff is incredibility tuff when wet or dry and can be cut to size but it will not ripe or tear when wet or dry. Check out our website at http://www.surgicalgrade.com/

Look for our logo to find the booth where we will set up a meeting area for 914 members

Are ya talkin covered or noncovered spots? You should expect and be prepared for the worst since rain has always been a problem as well and cold wet wind at that. Perhaps a raffel would cover some expenses or sumtin?

beer.gifI'd like to be a weather man just to see how many times I could screw up until they repremanded me. OOOH, and they are talking about global warming right? They should call it record setting weather rather than global warming unless they are taking the Y2K approach.
wilchek
we have a 10 x 10 tent with sides. I may be able to get another if it looks like we will have rain. Does anyone have a folding tent that they could bring in case we need an extra one?? We will be up Friday night if anyone wants to get togehter at a local hangout. I think Dr Evil was working on something but he has been busy with school so I am not sure if he had time to set something up. He lives in the Hershey area and knows of some good places to go.
JPB
The Dr. knows the hang outs fo show! He be goodatdet! beer.gif
ws91420
My Wife and I will be coming up Friday night Comfort Inn Harrisburg. Will have a laptop there.
Spoke
Local weather forcast shows some rain on Friday, sun and clouds on Sat and Sun.

Do we have to do anything special to park 914's inside the gates? I recall last year someone was looking for a car count to reserve spaces for Porsche parking.

The green car is not going, still don't have the rear suspension on nor am I finished shaping the rear flares. Also just removed the muffler heat shield since it has rust holes and was in the way of some fender impact damage. Hopefully the red car will be there.

Spoke
jwhcars
I will be there Saturday and Sunday at the Porsche only autocross

My wife and I will be working at the car corral from 9 to 12
RON S.

My wife,me and one grandchild will be there Saturday,we'll be at the Econolodge in Grantville.

I hope to see ya'll there.

Ron
Dr Evil
Hey All,
Where we can meet is up int he air. I need to know numbers, predilections, and distance willing to travel. It figures that the weather this weekend was some of the best I have ever experienced her in Hershey rolleyes.gif The weather will likely be nice next weekend, nothing like last year. I sent my info to R Towle and figure he is a good person to herd the cats. I'll be in classes all week so I will not have much time to junt for a place to meet, but if ya'll wanna PM me and let me know what you are thinking, I will do my best to seek out a good spot with plenty of parking.
nomore9one4
Lets hope the hershey rain curse does not show up. This past weekend was the usually scheduled weekend and it was the nicest weekend in a very long time.They changed the date for a week later to kill the curse!?!? We shall see! I hope not, although I will not be attending anyways but I will be praying for sunshine for you all! Have a fun, but safe weekend. drunk.gif wavey.gif

P/S If anyone sees "Fitsbain" (Brian) Tell him his car is RUSTY!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If anyone has not purchased a spot we may all want together and buy spots together to extend the room and sort of hang out that way.
I have three of my guys coming up in a van with tent and tables and some product. If anyone needs anything we will bring it up for them.
I was thinking about flying in to philly and driving out there, but certainly would not want to show up in a Ford, unless it was a gt 40!
r_towle
good to hear you are making a valid showing...a great way to advertise...Im sure you will have alot of fun.

Look at hertz, I think you may be able to get a hertz mustang at the philly airport...black/gold...

Rich
nomore9one4
Since you will be flying to Philly I believe the PC thing to do is drive into Hershey in a Prius! Unless Al Gore cares to sell you some carbon offsets! av-943.gif
yarin
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 23 2007, 02:10 PM) *

If anyone has not purchased a spot we may all want together and buy spots together to extend the room and sort of hang out that way.
I have three of my guys coming up in a van with tent and tables and some product. If anyone needs anything we will bring it up for them.
I was thinking about flying in to philly and driving out there, but certainly would not want to show up in a Ford, unless it was a gt 40!

I have a few things to sell and wouldn't mind chipping in for some space. Anyone interested? Or does anyone have any free space for 914 stuff?

wilchek
we have three spots reserved so we should have enought for everyone to hang out. I plan on parking my Ravenna Green 914 in our area so you can't miss the spot. Dr. 914 let me know if you need help or a place to crash. I am dead center between Hershey and Philly and was planning on taking off from work around noon on Friday.

Last year I tried to get 914 club only parking but the organizers never set a space aside as they said they would. I will try and get an area set up when I go Friday night. When you arrive tell them that you are part of the 914 club and look for other 914's. Most of the volunteer don't know what is going on and just point you to the general porsche parking area. I just need a list of 10 porsche cars (914 or not) than plan on showing. So if you plan on driving a porshe PM me your name.
evan
i'm coming from maryland sat morning but not a dark o'clock AM.
red 914
evan
Spoke
QUOTE(wilchek @ Apr 23 2007, 08:28 PM) *

I just need a list of 10 porsche cars (914 or not) than plan on showing. So if you plan on driving a porshe PM me your name.

I'll be bringing the red 71. PM sent.
zymurgist
I'll be up in the tail dragger, weather permitting. Weather not permitting, probably a blue Neon or a grey Mercedes tank. Not much into the oh dark thirty departure time and neither is my dog. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
FYI, the Harrisburg Area VW Owners Club (HAVOC) is having a VW show down the street from my house the same day. If you wanna go over to their little show and show of your VW you would not be dissappointed. That is, after you have exhausted the swap meet.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 24 2007, 01:57 AM) *

FYI, the Harrisburg Area VW Owners Club (HAVOC) is having a VW show down the street from my house the same day. If you wanna go over to their little show and show of your VW you would not be dissappointed. That is, after you have exhausted the swap meet.

Not a bad idea... although the Hershey swap meet is pretty awesome by Porsche standards, it doesn't take very long to walk through the whole thing (compared to, say, Carlisle).

I don't suppose that the VW and Porsche people could combine their shows into one big German air cooled show, could they? From the perspective of an old American iron dude, they're all the same anyway. wink.gif
anderssj
E-mail sent . . . looking forward to the trip. Details to follow (still on the "no-plan plan") . . . . blink.gif
BarberDave
Click to view attachmentsmilie_pokal.gif
N.W.Ohio group will leave Fri. A.M. ,8 hr. drive ,worth it !!! I will be in the People Choise area from 8;00 A.M. till 1;00 P.M. I am going to try to beat those Boxters again. Stop by and say high. I will be at the 914 World Tent after 1:30 Hope to meet you all. Black ,73 Ohio plate 73914 . Dave slap.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Do they assign spaces at hershey or is the space assigned when one shows up on saturday? What I was thinking was that if we all showed up together at 6:30 on saturday morning, we could all get spaces next to each other and really show some presence for the 914. Does anyone know?
Phoenix914
I hope to be coming up on Saturday afternoon. Not sure if my 914 will be out of the body shop by then, but I don't want to miss all the fun. drunk.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Apr 24 2007, 06:18 AM) *

Click to view attachmentsmilie_pokal.gif
N.W.Ohio group will leave Fri. A.M. ,8 hr. drive ,worth it !!! I will be in the People Choise area from 8;00 A.M. till 1;00 P.M. I am going to try to beat those Boxters again. Stop by and say high. I will be at the 914 World Tent after 1:30 Hope to meet you all. Black ,73 Ohio plate 73914 . Dave slap.gif

BarberDave, after seeing your car and mug shot I met you at Hershey a few years back. We were discussing your powder coated sail panel trim and a "how to" on armrest re-upholstery.Your car was absolutely stunning! Have a safe trip this year. I will NOT be able to attend. sad.gif but I will be there in spirit. idea.gif whatever that means.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

George :

General parking is on a 1st. come 1st. serve bases, there is so much it should not be a problem. If someone wants to get there early ,they could save a large area. There have been on other yrs. clubs parking to geather. See you all there. I am getting pumped, i have been cleaning and detailing mine since 8:00 A.M. just stopped for lunch and to check in here. Help I am Hooked. Dave slap.gif
Dr Evil
The latest on a place to meet is T.J Rockwells in E. Town. Not too far form the action, but far enough to get away from the crowds that will choke the local venues. I am hoping that the huge deck will be open next weekend, I will check. Also, some of the local VW people might come hang out.
Leo Imperial
Thinkin' I'll got tandem. Then I could represent at both events and tailgate. Then their is that whole thing about having a place to crash after getting kicked out of the local watering hole...
Dr Evil
Yo fruitcake,
Aint ya crashing on my futon? I think JPB has other plans as well as he was offered a spot ont he floor.

I got coffee beer.gif
914rrr
We are planning on bringing a 16' car trailer should we buy too much to fit in our burb. Does anyone know if they will allow the trailer in general parking?

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
914 rr:

Heck yes it's a swap mainly, you might be put in a distance spot. It's to there benifit if you fill it up. Dave slap.gif
plas76targa
ah crap! I'm going to have to miss this. New house purchase ate all my $$, and the kids have sports events all day on Saturday. Once we get settled into the new house i'll hold another wrenching party, or we can just drink beer and swim in the new pool.

Leo - nice photo at Stuckey's - I vote for that on the front page sometime!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 25 2007, 08:49 AM) *

ah crap! I'm going to have to miss this. New house purchase ate all my $$, and the kids have sports events all day on Saturday. Once we get settled into the new house i'll hold another wrenching party, or we can just drink beer and swim in the new pool.

Leo - nice photo at Stuckey's - I vote for that on the front page sometime!

Thats what you get for having unprotected sex, Matt biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear you are not making it. Soon, though.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Dr. Evil and Richard. We really need to set up an official meeting site and time for friday so we can be assured that we all meet up. Remember I am buying a drink for everyone (or two!) (or three for all irish cathoholics)
Dr Evil
I am still working on a place. I have an exam to study for tomorrow so I wont have time until after class to call and make sure. There are plenty of places, and a contingency should be made because it is likely that many will be packed closer to town. The phone list is the best way next to anouncing here and having people check periodically. Fri is looking like T-storms so the outside places are a bad idea. Sat should be fine. We can try to meet down the street form my house at Dukes (on the 422 in zip 17078). Deacent enough food, ample parking, close to the action and a full bar. Let me know what ya'll think and I will see what I can do.
ptravnic
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 25 2007, 08:04 PM) *

Dr. Evil and Richard. We really need to set up an official meeting site and time for friday so we can be assured that we all meet up. Remember I am buying a drink for everyone (or two!) (or three for all irish cathoholics)

Damn! - maybe I'll come in Fri night instead of Sat morning... I'm an Irish Catholic and to top it all off, I'm heading to Notre Dame (does it get more Catholic than that?) to get my mba starting in August. That must make, what, like 7 drinkies for me? beerchug.gif

-pt
Katmanken
I drove past Hershey this AM on the way home from burying my mother in law. Weather has just changed from freeking freezing last week to spring on Monday. On Monday the redbuds, tulips and dogwoods started blooming and the trees started to green. The Cherry trees at Ft. Indiantown Gap cemetery were just awesome.

Have a nice trip guys, the weather looks good.

Oh yeah, Cops are realy out in force on the Pennsylvania turnpike. I quit counting at 18 cars. Be careful.

Now if I could just get that flat spot outa my butt after the 9 hour run back to Cinci.

Ken
Dr Evil
Here is a lonk to the place that I was thinking about on Sat night (Elizabeth town one).
http://www.tjrockwells.com/

Unfortunately the HUGE deck will not be open until May. If we show up in force, they may make an exception. Google the directions and let me know if anyone thinks that htis is too far from the beaten track. There are probably other options, but this is far enough form the festivities to allow room for us. Also, their parking lot is large.
Dr Evil
FYI, I've decided what parts I can use.

If anyone sees a dizzy from a 2.7 911 and some plug wires I am interested. If I can get a good deal on these parts I will get my car running as I wont have to dick with the megajolt in my ever precious free time.
Dr Evil
Alright, who is all coming out on Fri night? That is when George will be in town and buying (you cheap bastards, I know you cant resist!).

The address is:

Duke's
1715 E Chocolate Ave
Hershey, PA 17033
(717) 533-5541

Chocolate ave is also the 422. People here in PA like to change the name of the roads every block without putting signs up.

Who all is planning on comming? I can give you my phone #. What time are we gonna meet?
Inquiring mids want to know!!!!!!
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 26 2007, 07:23 PM) *

Alright, who is all coming out on Fri night? That is when George will be in town and buying (you cheap bastards, I know you cant resist!).

The address is:

Duke's
1715 E Chocolate Ave
Hershey, PA 17033
(717) 533-5541

Chocolate ave is also the 422. People here in PA like to change the name of the roads every block without putting signs up.

Who all is planning on comming? I can give you my phone #. What time are we gonna meet?
Inquiring mids want to know!!!!!!

What time?
We will probably be late, but Im not sure when the shindig will end.

Hey Dr Evil, you promised we could all camp out on your front yard, right?
I think ten or fifteen 30 year old 914's and a whole bunch of tents might make everyone in the neighborhood love you for years to come...

Rich
Dr Evil
I thought about it, Rich biggrin.gif

I dont know what time. I am off early in the after noon and live 1mi from the place so I am your humble servant. George will be coordinating with me so at least I know he and I will be there. I am sure others will chime in.
r_towle
we will probably be in between 9-11pm...so let talk about it here prior to 3pm tommorow.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.