914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
firstknight13
mo
firstknight13
and
jd74914
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ May 1 2007, 10:49 PM) *

biggrin.gif the infamous "DR. 914" he grew up the next town over it could have been "AUTO GLASTONBURY"

Very interesting . . . and great pictures Ray clap56.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this kit car sold for 26,000.00 i told him he should have held out for more... if you didn't know at hershey they have a section of porsches for sale...
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this 75 went for 19,500.00 original with only 38,000 miles....drivin by an older couple to swap meets.....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
The Spyder and the 904 stole the show for me. I know they are both kit cars, and not really Porsche, but they are just so damn sexy.

After I make my first million (working in Higher Ed - yeah right) I'm going to build a 904. I think its just one of the prettiest cars ever.

Zach
firstknight13
biggrin.gif fellow nutmegger "yarin" 2.0 all modern computer opperated.... pete and yarin checkin out the putter.....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif leo; pete;steve;evil cycle
firstknight13
biggrin.gif barber dave;
firstknight13
biggrin.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif
ws91420
what kind of tech did you have to go through for the A/? Also what requirements to AX?
firstknight13
biggrin.gif auto alanta...they had "THE SEAL" german for 300.00 in stock.... i checked out the part from our local p dealer and he said it is available for 310.00 + 23.00 shipping and 7 days for delivery... YOU DO THE MATH......
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this is dr. evil dillon.... this was the hang out informaly...but you had to be kool to hang...leo's tricky van
yarin
Hahaha.. love the pics guys!! Thanks for posting!

Yea i'm the dork with the 19" flatscreen and laptop demoing my megasquirt setup. Hope a few people left a little more informed about Megasquirt. beer.gif

Can't believe that low mileage 914 went for $19.5k. That's just absurb. On the flip side I did buy my car at the Hershey Swap meet in 2005. Apparantly the previous owner was around but avoided me. Lucky he did, I would have had a few choice words for him...
turboman808
IPB Image

I am planning to get a 1950ish BMW R50 next year. I saw one last year and thought it was the coolest bike ever. Single seater with cafe racer drop bars. Man that is smokin!!!

IPB Image
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this is the 88 911 i got the SWEET DEAL on... short story.. before this was unloaded the whole front end complete with 5 lug; aluminium cross member...everything was sold for $200.00.... i hooked up with the evil one and told him that i wanted to upgrade to 5 lug... we walked around and picked up rear drilled out hubs for 120.00 then he said YOU should have seen the 200.00 front end that i missed... we get back to the van and i ask the how much for the 911 front assy??? he said 400.00 that it was already sold earlier 4 hours to be specific.. so if i wanted it i had to move it...look i'm only the buyer NOT the seller...ok so we move it to the other side of the van and i have my first experience with " tough cloth" i bought the largest size to cover MY new 911 front assy...oops how am i going to get it home???? oh dr. can i leave it at your house till i can come down with my pick up??? of course he can't say "NO" to a fellow teener...ok porblem solved!!! then i got to thinkin' i will take the whole thing apart and i did...it all fit in my front 914 trunk!!! sure looked good... too bad i could not use the rear suspension....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif group pics well what was left at 5:30 any one got a camera???
firstknight13
biggrin.gif last ones...look at the street lamps!!
firstknight13
biggrin.gif back at the ranch the evil ranch that is...evil; noel; leo; sean; zack; erin; pete
firstknight13
DUKE's great food!!! we really had a good time laughing it up....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this was the next day...AX never did that before...you get checked out before the race.. i didn't have a battery tie down... but leo did...my hero...yarin's car
firstknight13
AX walk the track so you know where you are going picking your lines...our base camp and noel's tree fort...drivers meeting....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif the 914 brothers...the track....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif anyone can AX it cost 25.00 to reg... they check to see if your wheel lugs are tight and ALL loose objects must be removed from car including floor mats..i had a big pile on the sidewalk.... we got to do 4 runs you race for fastest times... my son shaved 16 seconds off his first run... you loose 2 seconds for every cone you hit...i can not say enough about how much fun it is beating on your car!!!!! you guys and girls would have been proud at how fast our cars are compared to the top dollar p cars....i have more pics i'm posting....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif ax
firstknight13
biggrin.gif i'm 24/ yarin is 09/ my son sean 35/sorry i forgot the other drivers#... chime in!!
firstknight13
biggrin.gif food stop before leavin' ride home slow movin traffic...
firstknight13
biggrin.gif the end....of this adventure...in short...EPIC you should have been there!!!! drunk.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif clap56.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif happy11.gif grouphug.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif smoke.gif thumb3d.gif smilie_pokal.gif welcome.png
Dr Evil
Leo was 46, crewed by Team Evil
firstknight13
biggrin.gif dr. evil YOU are the MAN!!! driving.gif thank you for your friendship...anyone that nows him must agree this is not a selfish man and he is dedicated to the 914 people... oh i almost forgot .... CFR racing helpped me out before the trip... if not for chris foley my car would not have run as good as it did....on the track it ran the best it has ever run.... thanks chris!!! all you guys reading this we are truly lucky to have the resources available to us and our great cars!!!support our venders..... biggrin.gif driving.gif rocking nana.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
Ah, go on. I am just happy to have folks like yourself out this way biggrin.gif I will hopefully be coming up in July some time to attend another brisket BBQ at my friends house chowtime.gif
jd74914
I need to go next year biggrin.gif . We should start a Manchester caravan down laugh.gif
VaccaRabite
My goal right now is to be able to drive my car to Hershey next year.

I need manpower to get the bitch off the rotesserie.

BBQ at my place... soon?

Zach
firstknight13
biggrin.gif jim i'm all in for it you should ax too!!! as you know we have a few local!!! maybe racer chris will get a spot for the ever popular tangerine header!!! and other goodies he has.... not a paid plug... biggrin.gif
scottb
oh sure.... i show up last year with my son and it is freezing!!! and raining!!!!

this year is is great weather!

next year, i am there. need to bother some of those PA/MA/VA folks again and caravan with some from the MA/CT/NY/NJ area. the 914 gang is the greatest.

great to see the pics and sorry i missed the event. could have shown but my daughter may have been a bit upset i wasn't at her b-day party dry.gif

cheers.....

scott
smontanaro
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 1 2007, 10:30 PM) *
After I make my first million (working in Higher Ed - yeah right) I'm going to build a 904. I think its just one of the prettiest cars ever.

I like the 904 as well. It would be a tough call between the 550 kit or the 904 kit. What I'd really like though is a 906: IPB Image

I realize it's not for everyone, but I'd love one.

Can you folks guarantee nice weather again for next year? Looks like a lot of fun...

Skip
Dr Evil
Zach,
I could lend you a hand after the 8th maybe. If not then after June 13th would work.
chowtime.gif
ptravnic
Ray - Thanks for posting some kick ass pics! thumb3d.gif It was great to meet you and your son. I think it's a cool thing for fathers/sons to do together - working on 914's smash.gif is how my old man and I have really gotten to know each other.

Mike (aka Dr. Evil) - A big THANKS for coordinating things & thanks for the beer. I do hope that you come to terms w/your "latent" tendencies... poke.gif Did you say something about peanut butter? av-943.gif

Leo - Thanks for scoring the spot - very good planning.

I wish I could have gone to dinner w/the rest of the crew but I didn't get home til close to 1am...
SGB
thanks fer the
piick
tures
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 2 2007, 10:37 PM) *

Zach,
I could lend you a hand after the 8th maybe. If not then after June 13th would work.
chowtime.gif

Well, I have the gmats on the 12th of May, so the soonest I could do it would be the 13th of may.

I need to be able to have at least 4 people other then me. Tomorr w I am going to poll the friends to see who could do what.

Zach
Leo Imperial
Man I had my eyes closed in every picture. I looked like Forest Frikin' Gump!!!

Well I got the bug again. Time to step into the modified class. A few more days and the engine should be done. I'm giving myself 2 weeks.

Doc - why were you sitting next to me in the middle of the night with a jar of Peanut Butter? You had a strange look in your eyes.

Racer Chris - I would be happy to extend the area next year and demo you header system biggrin.gif :shamelessplugfordicountsmilie: Also, thanks for the -2 deg in the rear and -1.5 up front. I adjusted the front bar to full stiff and the car felt great.

Ray - You gotta find a way to get me those videos and BTW great job in your first AX.

Zach - How was the swap like meeting reenactors at a fort in the woods? I got confused.

Scott - you were missed.

Pete - Always a blast. Glad you made it.

Noel - So sweet. Thanks for you hospitality.

911 guys - You drove from where? and why are you trying to sell posters of a corvette at a porsche event? and sorry for laughing when you told me you had sold the front end for $200. Looks like we worked on you long enough that it found it's way to a more deserving owner.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.