Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey 914 Schedule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
r_towle
Great time, good stuff out there, and good to finally meet a few of you guys...Cya next year, rain or shine.
All back home again.

Rich
ptravnic
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 29 2007, 12:53 AM) *

Great time, good stuff out there, and good to finally meet a few of you guys...Cya next year, rain or shine.
All back home again.

Rich

Rich - Thanks again for the rear trunk section - u r bad ass! thumb3d.gif

-pt

zymurgist
Not being much of an eraly riser, I dragged my tail up there around 11:00. I only had a couple of parts on my list... 911 oil filters, steering rack cover pan for the 911 (since I saw how much nicer Babydoll's is than mine) and 2.0 fuel injectors for Babydoll. Funny, everybody who said they had them said that they were at home.

I was wandering around in the cold when I almost ran right into Dr Evil. He was sitting there strumming a guitar. I stopped in and said hi, then wandered off with type47 to continue my quest for the green injectors. (Not that I think Babydoll really needs them, but you can never have too many spares.)
VaccaRabite
It was a good show. A lot of cars. The only non-914s that I bothered to go look at were the 550 and the beck 904 kit cars (so freak'n cool).

There were a lot of 914s. My favotrite was this one:
IPB Image
IPB Image

I don't know who made it, or who owns it, but my hat is off to you. The sculpted rear flairs look awesom.

IPB Image
This is the green color that I am going to paint my 914. Tonda green, I think. I don't know the paint code, but I bet I can call Aircooledracing and find that out.

I wanted to give a specil thanks to Leo who gave me my first ride in a 914 that was not fred flintstone powered. I have owned one now for 2 years and change, and until yesterday had never been in one when iot was mobile under its own power. Now I really want to get mine done. He was kind enough to offer to cart me around the autoX today as a passinger, but I had to decline, Erin and I have too much garden stuff to do.

Speaking of which, she is giving me the eye now, so its time for me to go and get grubby.

Zach
type47
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 29 2007, 07:55 AM) *

IPB Image
This is the green color that I am going to paint my 914. Tonda green, I think.

check to see if the color is Anaconda Green....
Dr Evil
I had a GREAT time! I realy needed this. The community feel was very strong and reminiscent of the west coast stuff I used to attend. What a great bunch of people! I met so many lurkers who knew me and all of you, but never post. They were all very cool and I hope they start puting in their $.02 soon.

This is the Fri night where some of us got together and had a few cold ones. Great company. L-R: Angie, Welby, Sean, Ray, Steve, Dan, Julie
Click to view attachment

Here is how I got to the swap. From when I showed up to when I left my bike got a majority of the attention in our area (Leo's bus second).
Click to view attachment

The ever elusive, but increadably cool Wayne and my budy from school, Brian behind the Tricky bus looking at my bike (Of course)!
Click to view attachment

Random shot with Leo, Sean (back of head), and Pete (nice to have finally met you, thankls for taking my jabs wink.gif )
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Leo had the swwetest set up by far. The Tricky bus was mission control and well suited for the task. He had his portable DVD player wired in and was blasting Le Mans of the speakers! It attracted the car guys almost as well as a stripper and a pole would have!
Click to view attachment

The weather was just fine. It only barley dripped at the veeeery end. Here are two pics of the Porsche filled lots just on our side. There was more, but I didnt make it out of the two rows near us much as I kept running into people.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

One of my favorites at the show, Beck 904. We saw it race the next day and it was loud, and hard to control. Supposedly driven part of the time by Beck himself!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Under the 904 rear lid was a 3.2
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I dont know about Leo "fluffernutter" sometimes blink.gif I thought he was helping Ray dissassemble the 88 911 front end that he bought, but it looks like Ray was helping Leo with his front end instead grouphug.gif
Click to view attachment

Another group shot with some of our vehicles.
L-R: Dan (Wilcheck), Leo Imperial, Dr. Evil, Noel (Evil's Fiance), Erin (Zach's Wife), Zach (Vacca Rabbite), Pete (Ptravnic), Sean (Ray's son), Ray (firstknight13)
Click to view attachment

More stopped by, but I didnt get a pic of everyone.

Here are Leo's neighbors. Nice guys, but ewe. This was after he pulled his pants up (a bit)

Click to view attachment

Not to be out done, Leo decided to troll for 911 owners. Notice the white grease rag of surrender in his back pocket! piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Here are some pics of Ray doing the first turn at the course. Leo (Fluffernutter) has the rest of the pics on his camera. Noel took these. wub.gif

ray, I have larger ones of these if you want me to email you. Thanks for everything, Ray and Leo!
JPB
So what your saying is the east coast bunch are a tight knit flock which share crack, massages and the occasinal romp in the ahhh bus chamber. Now thats priceless comedic genious! av-943.gif

That 200$ 911 aluminium beamed front end was the deal of the year!
Dr Evil
Here is the camera crew for Ray's photo shoot. Noel in the Tricky bus (now she says I can get one, too piratenanner.gif ) wub.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Here is an artsy shot I took of Noel in a 356 hubcap.
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
And for Leo (Fluffernutter) and all of those there who get the joke......
Click to view attachment

sheeplove.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 29 2007, 06:07 PM) *

Tonda green, I think.

just "Conda Green". no T or Ana in there ...

"Condagrün" in german ...
bye1.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Dinner Sat night at Duke's again. Mmmmmm chowtime.gif
Click to view attachment

And the usual suspects that made it (I tried to call a few people, but they either were not answering or had other plans).

Click to view attachment

Noel and I are very greatful for all of your generousity and friendship. We are so fortunate to have had this time with all of you and I needed this therapy to help me through my life at school. I hope not too much time passes until we get to meet again!

L-R: Noel, Ray, Sean, Fluffernutter, Zach, Erin, Me
nycchef
looks like you guys had a great time. sorry i missed it, although it looks like leo is wearing the same clothes he had on when he left my house on friday. that couldn't have been pleasant. glad i finally got the 912 tranny to you.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2007, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 29 2007, 06:07 PM) *

Tonda green, I think.

just "Conda Green". no T or Ana in there ...

"Condagrün" in german ...
bye1.gif Andy

THANK YOU!

I have been googling differnt combos of Toda, tonga, anaconda, etc looking for the paint code. Conda green gave me the link on the first try. 911 color in 1970-71. Paint code 222.

Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 30 2007, 08:39 AM) *

looks like you guys had a great time. sorry i missed it, although it looks like leo is wearing the same clothes he had on when he left my house on friday. that couldn't have been pleasant. glad i finally got the 912 tranny to you.

Richie,
You were missed and talked about (kindly) by all who know you. Thanks agian for the tranny!
VaccaRabite
More pics that I just put up on Flickr.

Tha place to be:
IPB Image

Half a 911. Kept getting cheaper as the day got on. I think that Ray stole the front suspension setup.
IPB Image

Noel is cold:
IPB Image
Erin was fridgid as well, but she was afriad that if she sat in the bus to get warm, she'd be asleep in moments. Both of us were running more the resting for the prior two days, and had maybe 6 hours of rest from thrusday night to saturday night. I was glad that Erin drove home after dinner. I slept in the car most of the way home.

The bus, by the way, has a killer sound system. Leo was playing LeMans, witht he doors open. No rattles, hissing, or stupid ricer reverb. The movie drew crowds. Dr. Evil ocationally danced to the soundtrack (but I did not have a camera ready for it).

There were a lot of 914s there, but they were wcattered all over the parking area. Next year, it would be great if we could corral them all together.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Want to touch the hiney...
I wish 550s did not scare me so. I so want one of these little decapitation machines.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I thought I had taken some pics of the Beck 904. But sadly it appears that I did not.

Oh, and Evil, enough with the peanut butter already. Gah.

Zach
yarin
Hey Guys!

It was a pleasure meeting so many 914 heads this weekend. Definitely a fun tight knit crowd, a lot of people from the boards stopped by to say hi. I was camped out with Dan next to his gorgeous green 914. Big turnout for the swap meet, I sold a few things, bought a few things (oil cooler adapter with AN lines and fitting $10, voltage reg $10, nuts) sold a few things.

Im usually a picture whore but didn't get a chance to snap a few. Sorry I missed the group shot, I was running around trying to find last minute deals! I got sucked into a rennlist dinner that night at the four points sheraton. Pretty good time.

The autoX Sunday was fun, really different club though. They have to be off the lot by 1pm so it makes it pretty tough. They give 3-4 runs typically. It seems like they just changed management or something, scattered work assignments, slow to run cars, no awards ceremony... oh well.. live and learn. Still had a blast!

Congrats to Leo for taking 1st in D class! I expect to see Ray and his son autocrossing again sometime soon. For some reason my injection was missing in the morning, gotta check that out.

Here some in car footage from the autoX http://stage6.divx.com/user/yarink/video/1...rshey,-PA-AutoX

Overall a pretty damn good weekend.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Really a great time very sorry that I did not get to meet up with you guys on friday! Richard! You never called me! Next year though we will do it again and maybe all hook up together and really show some east coast power!
WorkClothGuy
914 World crew-

It was truly a pleasure meeting all of you over the weekend. Having Danny as a best friend for the last 15+ years, I wasn't at all surprised how cool the 914 crowd he's gotten to know on the BBS turned out to be person. It would have been nice if our booth would have been situated nearer the rest of you guys, but we definitely appreciated Yarin setting up with us. Assuming the WorkCloth business is going strong next year, I'll be up for sponsoring a few extra spots again as a meeting point for the 914 World crew again. Let's coordinate on reservations & carve out a bigger oasis in the Swap Meet.

The warm reception you all extended me & my guys received was deeply appreciated. We're working hard and trying to build a product company for auto enthusiasts by auto enthusiasts. As simple as those WorkCloths may seem at first blush, I've used them for years around my albeit rudimentary garage and completely believe they make any project just a little easier to organize, set-up and clean up. I'd love to hear straight up, honest feedback from those of you that took some WorkCloths home with you. Also remember I've extended free shipping on multipacks ordered from www.SurgicalGrade.com before 5/12 when you use coupon code CPA PORSCHE at checkout!

Good luck with all your projects and don't hesitate to contact me if there's anyway I might ever be able to lend your community a hand!
- Matt

PS - I uploaded a few pics from our booth
Leo Imperial
Don't you love it when you notice the randoms that make it into your photos. Look at this guy charging me like he is going to grab the camera. How did I not notice him when I took the shot?

Click to view attachment

Or how about this guy adjusting my clutch while my back is turned?

Click to view attachment

Check out this kid taking his dad's car for a spin without asking

Click to view attachment
Leo Imperial
Man did I hate going back to work today. Wouldn't you have trouble focusing? This is where my mind was today...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Beck - Rockin' the plastic like a man from a caskit. I just notice that I am in the background of this picture. Talk about being upstaged

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
yarin
I'm with you on that one Leo...

I took today off from work to study for a final exam. I set my priorities:

1) Hershey
2) Exams
3) Work

If I can make some time I'd like to come down and give you a hand with your new motor. Let me know.

Leo Imperial
Ray's son Sean and I picked out the most active corner on the course.Here is what we got...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Leo Imperial
That sounds good dude. I could always use a hand. Now hang tight I have some great pics of your runs comming up...
yarin
Cool pics Leo.. thanks for sharing!

I posted a video of my run in my sig.

I still can't get over how smooth that lot was. Remember the Robert Plan lot on Long island? That was the worst!

Leo Imperial
The 914 was the weapon of choice for the day.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The weather was great as were the friends old and new. Thanks to everyone that made this weekend what it was.

I think next year I'll bring an inflatable hot tub idea.gif

VaccaRabite
That is an awesome 2002. How did it sneak in there?

Man, I love those cars.

Zach
type11969
Nice pics Leo! Damn, wish I had my Beetle dialed in better (or my 914 off jackstands) looks like I missed a good time. Next year hopefully.

And yeah, isn't it about time you got that 2073 running (again) and in your car? I wanna drive that beast before I plunk down the cash to stroke my 100mm based engine!

-Chris

yarin
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 30 2007, 11:49 PM) *

That is an awesome 2002. How did it sneak in there?

Man, I love those cars.

Zach

They have a non-Porsche class, all PCA autocross clubs let non-porsches in. They usually limit the number though.

That 2002 was very tight, not pushing a lot of power but driven very well.
JerryP
This was the first year I ever tried to sell parts at Hershey. It went better than I expected thanks solely to all the attention attracted by Chris'(type11969) very cool type 4 powered Beetle. pray.gif Thanks Chris. I met some nice people, who apparently all need a pair of decent sun visors, but I didn't realize just how much 914 activity there actually was until now. I guess the fact that there was no freezing rain or hurricane force winds was helpful. Good time, hopefully it will be the same next year.
anderssj
Hey All!

Well, I'm late posting as usual . . . It was a real pleasure meeting all of you at Hershey last weekend. Really a good--and interesting--crowd.

Swap meet was bigger than I expected, managed to spend my "allowance" by noon (set of pedrinis, OEM long lugs, 356 gauges, etc.). Definitely back next year--will try to bring the 914--even if I don't get the starting problem fixed . . . .

Took some pictures of some of the most of the 914s there (and the custom 47 Chev coupe)--will post those later. Sorry I missed the group photos, but at least the good Dr and others took a few and posted them here.

Was interested to see the pics of the 2002 in the A-X . . . wonder if they would have allowed an old Volvo wagon blink.gif

Really a great weekend--THANKS!

Steve A-
type11969
Thanks for splitting that spot with me Jerry, it was a good time hanging with you and your "crew"! And while my Beetle may have brought some onlookers, I think it was your visors that brought in the buyers. Too bad none of them were interested in a greasy t4 case.

-Chris

QUOTE(JerryP @ May 1 2007, 05:54 AM) *

This was the first year I ever tried to sell parts at Hershey. It went better than I expected thanks solely to all the attention attracted by Chris'(type11969) very cool type 4 powered Beetle. pray.gif Thanks Chris. I met some nice people, who apparently all need a pair of decent sun visors, but I didn't realize just how much 914 activity there actually was until now. I guess the fact that there was no freezing rain or hurricane force winds was helpful. Good time, hopefully it will be the same next year.

firstknight13
biggrin.gif ok here is the "if you didn't go to the park" on pictures.. i have to say that this was my first time at hershey... got dr. evils # and as you know "WE" had a great time!!!! this was fri. in n.y. on I 684 west
firstknight13
biggrin.gif this is what you see after 1/2 mi. of entrance... they should have had a "914 only parking" maybe next year!!!!!
firstknight13
biggrin.gif ok more.... nice stuff
firstknight13
biggrin.gif i got a lot of pics....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif anyone need a special tire???
firstknight13
biggrin.gif the infamous "DR. 914" he grew up the next town over it could have been "AUTO GLASTONBURY"
firstknight13
biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif
firstknight13
weather was great..... i have to thank ALL and it was good hangin with old and new members/ non members.... oh i have to say most 914 people i talked to did not know of any club/world/narp..... people we have to get the word out there are soooooo many potential friends out in the 914 domain...
firstknight13
biggrin.gif 914/350 from n.c.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif BECK 904....frame.....
firstknight13
biggrin.gif more yet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.