Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.7 distributor in a 2.0?, what differences between the 2
orange914
post Dec 23 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

so i'm building up a d-jet 2056 from scratch, with all 2.0 d-jet components. the mps will be programed and resistor/cht switch change planned/bought. my 73 was original 1.7. i'm not pulling parts from it and it'll be set aside. however i have robbed a few items from it, one of which is the 1.7 pertronics distributor.

my question is;
are there any real issues by doing this? the only thing i can think will possibly differ is advance curve...

mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Dec 23 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

The advance cure won't be optimal without fully matched components - that being said it will work and I have done it.
+Quote Post
orange914
post Dec 24 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Dec 23 2007, 07:06 PM) *

The advance cure won't be optimal without fully matched components - that being said it will work and I have done it.

how would one determine what fully matched components are? at the risk of sounding ignorant... aside from setting up a particular engine for a particular use by gearing all the build desisions toward the end result, what else could matched components mean? maybe already proven mix?

is that as clear as mud?

i think i've done this on my balanced d-jet 2056 i'm building. 9550 cam, lens 2.0 heads, 8.3:1, 2.0 f.i. components, re-programmed m.p.s., pertronics electronic w/ coil, s/s exhaust. i want decent mpg, driveability and engine life.

anyway maybe i answered my own question...

does anyone have "proven" advance curve advice or is there someone here on the world that deals with this info. or parts -weights, springs ect...-? do any type IV enthusiast even mess with timing technicals, i dont ever remember even seeing a thread related to timing issues

mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:15 PM