Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATTN Oklahoma auto crossers, Auto crossing in Oklahoma
jcambo7
post Dec 24 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am looking for how to become involved in auto crossing near Oklahoma City. I and my friend who are not from Oklahoma City are looking for where to start and get our feet wet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Dec 24 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) hey James. So this is my brother in law and he is stationed at Tinker. Anyone that can help him get involved in autocross out there would be appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Dec 25 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #3

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 24 2008, 08:47 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) hey James. So this is my brother in law and he is stationed at Tinker. Anyone that can help him get involved in autocross out there would be appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 25 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Hi James,

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) I think you will find that people don't trust you now that they know that your brother-in-law is Jon (not really, we love Jon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Do a search of the local car clubs. Enter Oklahoma City and Sports Car Clubs and see what you get. Then go to the individual web sites and see if they have a competition or autocross director. Once you do that you contact them and they will have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on autocross/soloII wise in your area. Don't forget to check the SCCA. Also, often sports car clubs will operate on base. Some of the best events I have ever been to were on military property.

This time of year, the club boards are in the planning stages so they might not have a calendar filled up just yet.

Do you have a 914?
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Dec 25 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #5

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Thank you very mcuh for the info. No currently I do not have a 914. My goal is to own one though in the near or far future.
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 25 2008, 12:31 PM) *

Hi James,

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) I think you will find that people don't trust you now that they know that your brother-in-law is Jon (not really, we love Jon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Do a search of the local car clubs. Enter Oklahoma City and Sports Car Clubs and see what you get. Then go to the individual web sites and see if they have a competition or autocross director. Once you do that you contact them and they will have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on autocross/soloII wise in your area. Don't forget to check the SCCA. Also, often sports car clubs will operate on base. Some of the best events I have ever been to were on military property.

This time of year, the club boards are in the planning stages so they might not have a calendar filled up just yet.

Do you have a 914?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 10:47 AM