Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PNW Flood Watch
helios
post Jan 8 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,055
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just wanted to wish all the regional teener breatheren and their families the best of luck with the current conditions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Bellingham has several flooded streets, some only a few blocks from my house. They had to open the flood gates for Lake Whatcom to keep the lake (source for city water) from flooding, which in turn overloaded Whatcom Creek. The choice of lesser of 2 evils. A lot of the surrounding areas are getting hit pretty hard, including a possible closure of I-5 in Ferndale....effectively cutting off north Whatcom Co.

I know further south is getting hit pretty bad as well.

My teener and myself should make it out of this w/o any casualties...hopefully all others will be as fortunate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 8 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #2

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

so i wonder how Dans drive home was tonight?
+Quote Post
smontanaro
post Jan 8 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Not meaning to make too much light of the situation, but this is a case where having your teener on jackstands can be a plus. Stay dry out there...
+Quote Post
biggy72
post Jan 9 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,418

Well I can't get to either of my parent's houses, but I'm sitting pretty high and dry. A few people I work with can't get to work from Chehalis, but I don't personally know anyone that had their houses flooded yet.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 9 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #5

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

QUOTE(biggy72 @ Jan 8 2009, 11:08 PM) *

Well I can't get to either of my parent's houses, but I'm sitting pretty high and dry. A few people I work with can't get to work from Chehalis, but I don't personally know anyone that had their houses flooded yet.

Mine was close! the sump pump was on all the time for a day and a half.The water was seeping through the floor of the garage so the floor was wet to the touch.If it hadnt stop raining i would have picked every thing up and moved the car back to the hauler.Im going to pick up alot of stuff tonite,take the cover off the car and push it outside ,leave the garage doors open and let it dry out it should be ok.I think im going to drive the car this weekend just to stretch its legs and get the blood(oil) pumping
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 9 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #6

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada

i wish i had time to take pictures, you guys would believe the stuff i'm seeing.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 9 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #7

MR.C

QUOTE(messix @ Jan 9 2009, 09:36 AM) *

i wish i had time to take pictures, you guys would believe the stuff i'm seeing.

Well if you didnt write out the hole damn news cast for the 914WORLD to read (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) you would have time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) LMOA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Shade Tree
post Jan 9 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,860

Well, I haven't had it as bad as you guys farther north but I did have to take a half day off of work to dig ditches in my yard out to the Mckenzie Hwy so that it would drain and the septic tank/drain field would drain. About 3/4 of an acre of my front yard was up past my knee high rubber boots!
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Jan 9 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #9

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74

I live on top of a hill, but man, there is some serious water over roadways!! I5 is set to open back up at around noon.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Jan 9 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,090

I landed at Seatac yesterday around 3pm, as I was flying in you could see all the swollen rivers and creeks. Lots of brown water dumping into the sound. I had some delays on I-5 thru Fife with 2 lanes flooded. Other than that, the drive to the penisula was OK, good to hear no Teeners were sacraficed.
I would love to take a drive this weekend to get the oil pumping, let's hope it stays dry. the satelite pict shows more rain on the way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Tony
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 9 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #11

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 9 2009, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jan 9 2009, 09:36 AM) *

Well if you didnt write out the hole damn news cast for the 914WORLD to read (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) you would have time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) LMOA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

oh come on! ..... right click copy then right click paste (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jan 9 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Snoqualmie river. My brother works for the city of snoqualmie as the maintenance manager, his hands are full today.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 9 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #13

MR.C

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 9 2009, 10:31 AM) *

I landed at Seatac yesterday around 3pm, as I was flying in you could see all the swollen rivers and creeks. Lots of brown water dumping into the sound. I had some delays on I-5 thru Fife with 2 lanes flooded. Other than that, the drive to the penisula was OK, good to hear no Teeners were sacraficed.
I would love to take a drive this weekend to get the oil pumping, let's hope it stays dry. the satelite pict shows more rain on the way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Tony

Skills day at Bremerton 01-10-09 was going to be my destination ...Im not sure now ...weather reports are not look`n good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jan 9 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #14

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jan 9 2009, 10:48 AM) *

Snoqualmie river. My brother works for the city of snoqualmie as the maintenance manager, his hands are full today.

Damn. I wonder what the falls look like?

Edit: Video
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 9 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #15

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Holy crap!

I've kayaked both the Snoqualmie and the Skykomish but not that blown out.

Lucky my Mom lives on higher ground off California in W Seattle. The bad news is that it'll stop raining.... never. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Jan 9 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 9,090

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 9 2009, 12:23 PM) *

Damn. I wonder what the falls look like?

Edit: Video

Wow, Now that's on full force.
+Quote Post
Solo914
post Jan 9 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 5,678
Region Association: None

QUOTE(helios @ Jan 8 2009, 08:54 PM) *

I just wanted to wish all the regional teener breatheren and their families the best of luck with the current conditions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Bellingham has several flooded streets, some only a few blocks from my house. They had to open the flood gates for Lake Whatcom to keep the lake (source for city water) from flooding, which in turn overloaded Whatcom Creek. The choice of lesser of 2 evils. A lot of the surrounding areas are getting hit pretty hard, including a possible closure of I-5 in Ferndale....effectively cutting off north Whatcom Co.

I know further south is getting hit pretty bad as well.

My teener and myself should make it out of this w/o any casualties...hopefully all others will be as fortunate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

We are dry in Redmond but my brother and parents are stuck in Duvall/Carnation. They are out of harms way but there is no way in or out.

Kyle
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 9 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #18

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

if they have a 4x4 stossel creek rd was opened. note that this "road" is a old logging road and has been closed for several years.

The email I got reads:

All roads in and out of Duvall are closed. Each with significant water over them. The only exception, thanks to the DNR's generosity, is Stossel Creek Rd. NE to Youngs River Truck trail to 299th Ave SE to Cedar Ponds Rd. to Ben Howard Rd. to Rt 203. From there you could go Monroe to pretty much wherever
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jan 9 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #19

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Glad I got out before Nature vented on the PNW.
+Quote Post
kevine
post Jan 9 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 5,718

That road/bridge is my normal way home from work, and I haven't been able to get there since Wednesday. I have a couple of options to get there tomorrow.

kevine
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:30 PM