Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel tank question?, Two lines on bottom right...
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am trying to figure out what these two lines would go to on the bottom right of my fuel tank. I am guessing they go to tunnel lines but I am not for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Attached Image

Attached Image
This is a picture of where the lines would be at if the tank was in it's spot. I am guessing the lines go through the small hole but I don't know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:34 AM) *

I am trying to figure out what these two lines would go to on the bottom right of my fuel tank. I am guessing they go to tunnel lines but I am not for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Attached Image
The top line has a sticker with a one n the bottom one did have one with a two which I fould underneath the gas tank.
Attached Image
This is a picture of where the lines would be at if the tank was in it's spot. I am guessing the lines go through the small hole but I don't know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
xperu
post Apr 3 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #3

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Attached Image
The top line has a sticker with a one n the bottom one did have one with a two which I fould underneath the gas tank.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Inlet and Outlet fuel lines, the larger one has a small tube like mesh filter inside the tank that should be changed, if you do intend to replace the filter (about $10-12.) then you need to replace the copper gaskets as well, I bought both at AA. You would be supprised to see the gunk in the tank where these lines enter inside the tank, try not to damage the metel tube and the fittings, they are no longer made. When I removed my lines to replace the mess filter, very little of the mesh was left. Mike
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(xperu @ Apr 3 2009, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Inlet and Outlet fuel lines, the larger one has a small tube like mesh filter inside the tank that should be canged, if you do intend to replace the filter (about $10-12.) the you need to replace the copper gaskets as well, I bought both at AA. You would be supprised to see the gunk in the tank where these lines enter inside the tank, try not to damage the metel tube of the fittings, they are no longer made. When I removed my lines to replace the mess filter, very little of the mesh was left. Mike

Thanks Mike. Which one is which though?
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Apr 3 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #5

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Be VERY careful of the thick paper gaskets for the fuel fittings. They MUST be in there, and they're NLA. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 3 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #6

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 08:34 AM) *

No, not that small hole. You kinda have that pic backwards ...

In the picture below, you can see the two fuel lines coming through the fire wall. Note the rubber grommets, those are a MUST!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 3 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

And the two lines are different in size, the larger being the supply line to the fuel filter and fuel pump, the smaller one being the return line.

You car won't run right if you hook them up incorrectly ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) Andy
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 3 2009, 12:30 PM) *

And the two lines are different in size, the larger being the supply line to the fuel filter and fuel pump, the smaller one being the return line.

You car won't run right if you hook them up incorrectly ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) Andy

Thanks Andy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) That helps out a lot.
+Quote Post
Cevan
post Apr 3 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,351

You should really buy a Haynes manual. It would answer alot of your questions.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 3 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 3 2009, 01:57 PM) *

You should really buy a Haynes manual. It would answer alot of your questions.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) I know. It acutally just came in the mail today. Bought it on wednesday n did three day shipping. Also got this one: How to rebuild your VW motor by Tom Wilson (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) So now I have reading material for when I go to Nellis AFB on the 6th thru thr 10th of this month. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:07 AM