Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SoCal Teeners:front end rebuild party, UPDATE: she's on the road..thanks SLits!!
silver74insocal
post Dec 31 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,073
Region Association: Southern California

So we got a good game plan together and decided to move this up to Saturday instead of Sunday. Hope that works for y'all.
looks like the garage will open at 8:30 and we will be quing up some stuff for lunch and will have lots of cold drinks,
you may want to bring something to "park your ass on" as Cesar says (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) but thats about all we need, unless anyone's got something special to make these tasks go easier then by all means...

please send me a pm or respond to this thread (again) this week so i can get a head count... let the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pain30.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif) begin!!

thanks guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Dave

are you looking for an excuse to get out of the house and shoot the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) ?
Tired of looking at your car on jackstands and wouldnt mind looking at someone elses car on jackstands?
or so tired of just driving your trouble free 914 without having to fix anything?

WELL IVE GOT GOOD NEWS!!!
We're having a good ole fashioned hoe down bbq and front end rebuild party!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

but seriously...
i have a some work to do on my car to get it roadworthy for the next dawn patrol.
a good friend and fellow dawn patroller Cesar (aka phat911 ) has generously volunteered to help out by allowing my beat up 914 to be placed on his lift and repaired in a proper fashion. He had also mentioned this may be a good learning experience and bullshit session for all of us...good call Cesar!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

provided that Cesar is still game, and some other's are interested..heres the plan:

what i need to do:
replace front passenger wheel bearings
replace boge strut inserts

what we can do (time permitting) :
replace all front bearings
replace boge inserts with brand new bilstein inserts
replace all rubber brake lines
install speeder bleeder valves and bleed (curious how good they work)
replace front a arm bushings
replace rear shocks and springs
install bump steer kit
lower car
drink beer
eat costco pizza and hot dogs
make Cesar's neighbors regret living there
make Cesar regret living there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

well thats about it..
the date is tentativly scheduled for JAN 30 but could get bumped back
please respond to this thread or pm me if you are interested in being involved..

thanks again for everything world! you are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Dave
PS im hoping Cesar chimes in here..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
oldschool
post Dec 31 2010, 01:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

sound good.I may want to hang...with a bunch of cool cats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Als914
post Dec 31 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346

Sounds good, I'me in.
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Dec 31 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

If I am still un-employed by then, I will come drink your beer and watch you work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (currently in the O.C.)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 31 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #5

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Als914 @ Dec 30 2010, 11:27 PM) *

Sounds good, I'me in.

I'm in. Hey Al; we might as well ride up together. Need any tools, impacts, torches? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Beach914
post Dec 31 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,519

I'm in the same boat as Detox.

If I'm still out of work at the end of the month you can count me in.

Where is Cesar's place?
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Dec 31 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #7

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492

im in too
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 31 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,714

I'm in tentatively.. depends on school stuff, but sounds like fun. Let me know if you need me to bring any front end parts.. or any parts... me treasure trove of used suspension parts seems to continue filling up..haha

I'll bring the soda...
-Ethan
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Dec 31 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2010, 06:51 AM) *

Sounds good, I'me in.

I'm in. Hey Al; we might as well ride up together. Need any tools, impacts, torches? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

i think we have everything as far as tools go...but i will let you know.
if you guys do bring any tools make sure youve got them labeled so we dont have any mix ups

Dave
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Dec 31 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #10

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 31 2010, 09:08 AM) *

I'm in tentatively.. depends on school stuff, but sounds like fun. Let me know if you need me to bring any front end parts.. or any parts... me treasure trove of used suspension parts seems to continue filling up..haha

I'll bring the soda...
-Ethan

watsup Ethan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) suspension parts you say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) got any front sway bars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) lol ive got to stop this madness!!

+Quote Post
Als914
post Dec 31 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #11

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2010, 06:51 AM) *

Sounds good, I'me in.

Hey kent

Sounds like a plan...we can plan a time and place to hook up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Al
+Quote Post
phatnine11
post Dec 31 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,798

OK Guys! I will post directions as soon as I tell my wife about the party! :>O!
Ha Ha! Kent, I think a propane or MAP gas torch would be good idea if you can. Otherwise, I think we're good on tools. If anyone has any homebuilt tools that will make any of the work easier, please by all means bring'em down.
Cesar
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Dec 31 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 31 2010, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 31 2010, 09:08 AM) *

I'll bring the soda...
-Ethan

watsup Ethan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) suspension parts you say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) got any front sway bars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) lol ive got to stop this madness!!

Dude this is a great idea .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) maybe we can do one for my next project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
maybe I can design a cool t-shirt and stickers (I have my own equipment ) and give them out to all attendees... but again just to have a time to talk cars would be cool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Dec 31 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #14

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763

if I plan my school schedule right, I may come down from SLO for the weekend and would be able to go to the 914 party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Dec 31 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Dec 31 2010, 11:42 AM) *

Ha Ha! Kent, I think a propane or MAP gas torch would be good idea if you can. Otherwise, I think we're good on tools. If anyone has any homebuilt tools that will make any of the work easier, please by all means bring'em down.
Cesar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Kent if you still have that surface temp reader doo hickey (scientific terminology) it may come in handy to monitor heating the bushings

you should definetily attend Mr. Bubblehead. these guys are great and can answer all your 914 questions. its also quite motivating to see their cars ...they actually drive them!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

happy new years to all ! time for a little (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Dave
+Quote Post
Black22
post Dec 31 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'd be willing to help, but the 30th is a late night for me at work. I'll have to see what the final date ends up being then I'll confirm. It's about time I met some of the other nuts that spend half their money keeping these things on the road like me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Dec 31 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #17

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 31 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Cesar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Kent if you still have that surface temp reader doo hickey (scientific terminology) it may come in handy to monitor heating the bushings

you should definetily attend Mr. Bubblehead. these guys are great and can answer all your 914 questions. its also quite motivating to see their cars ...they actually drive them!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

happy new years to all ! time for a little (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Dave

i definatly want to go but i think the time frame will be to tight for me to drive the teener. i may have to drive (dare i say) a vw. it will be cool to meet some locals.
+Quote Post
phatnine11
post Dec 31 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,798

QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 31 2010, 06:43 PM) *

I'd be willing to help, but the 30th is a late night for me at work. I'll have to see what the final date ends up being then I'll confirm. It's about time I met some of the other nuts that spend half their money keeping these things on the road like me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

You mean to tell us you only spend 1/2 your money??

+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Dec 31 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #19

no teener required and theres more then a few dubbers attending, myself included. i thought i read something about you having a ghia? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Dave
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 31 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,714

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 31 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Cesar

What bushings do you have that need installing? Polyhraphite, delrin, or elephant racing?

You mean a pyrometer?
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 06:50 AM