Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: friend wants help, it's a porschE
TROJANMAN
post Jun 3 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

friend comes to me this morning and wants to know where he could get a good deal on a Porsh. i explain the whole "if you buy one, you have to learn how to say it in 2 syllables" thing. he laughs, but all he really wants is a boxster. So i found him a 97 with 18k miles for $22,500. then i'm wondering why i didn't just buy one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (oh ya, i have a one year old. and my wife made me buy the MB)
this is the second time this month somebody asks me for advice on buying a PORSH. the other guy bought a '02 cabriolet with 8k miles on it.
i guess i am just venting cause i am a little jealous. oh well....... at least i know how to pronounce porsche. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
Hawktel
post Jun 3 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 506

I bought my 914 and was chatting it up at work, telling some co-workers about it and showing some pictures.

2 hours later the general manager of the plant walked by, and asked me to help him with a problem his OBC was having in his 996. I gave it a look, but there sure is alot of difference between a 914 and a 996. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Jun 3 2004, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,934

At least you can afford a new Porsche. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) But I guess being able to afford one and still not being able to buy one is more painful than not being able to afford one in the first place. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

I still have to figure out how to budget the resto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
airsix
post Jun 3 2004, 06:21 PM
Post #4

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

QUOTE(glstrojan @ Jun 3 2004, 12:37 PM)
then i'm wondering why i didn't just buy one.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)   (oh ya, i have a one year old.  and my wife made me buy the MB)

Raise your hand if there is a child-seat in the passenger side of your 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif) (that's me)
I drive a two-seat roadster and the rest of the world just has to deal with it. (Oops, gotta go... Yes Dear; coming Dear...)

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Jun 3 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

(sshhhhh... they're sleeping finally)
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 3 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #6

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

QUOTE(airsix @ Jun 3 2004, 04:21 PM)

Raise your hand if there is a child-seat in the passenger side of your 914.  :wavey:  (that's me)
I drive a two-seat roadster and the rest of the world just has to deal with it.

funny thing is, my wife and i just had that conversation last night. i think it would be awesome to take my kid on a sunday drive with me. wife thinks otherwise. but at least i finally got her to agree that the jeep was safe enough for the child. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
and that's a convertible........just not a roadster.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Jun 3 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #7

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,934

My 7yo son loves the 914. He even falls asleep in it while driving with the top off and all the noise. Lucky him. Only time I can fall asleep in a car is when I'm at the wheel. If I switch with a passenger and try to sleep, I'm wide awake. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jun 3 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #8

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:34 PM