Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> You people are a bad influence, Complete transformation to begin shortly
warpig
post Jul 1 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,002
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

After being on this sight since I started looking for a 914, 2 years ago. And reading all about how much fun it is to put gobs of power in these tiny little death traps. Well it has happened. A friend was hard up for money and I had some. So now I have an 81 911 SC donor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Its just beginning to sink in that I won't get to drive it for a while but it never stops raining here anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Any tips or advice, words of encouragement etc. are cheerfully accepted or ignored as the mood strikes me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) As I get started I will be selling off all the misc. stuff I don't intend to use from both cars for the ongoing expenses, so if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will unbolt it and send along, as I don't want any of it to go to waste. I will try to get a list of things I am getting rid of and what I still need posted this week. And guess what... the donor runs!!!! It is actually in decent shape. I never thought I could afford one that wasn't out of a wrecking yard but the Gods can be incredible awesome some days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) Any how it will be a bit before the transformation begins, I have to find suitable shop space. But then it's on. Here is a pic of the donor and recipient. I will be posting pics and maybe video of some of the more interesting bits as it comes along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Thanks for leading me here, I hope it will be as good for you as it is for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
hot_shoe914
post Jul 1 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #2

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

That car looks to nice to turn into a donor. Want to trade it for a nice motorcycle? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jul 1 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,867

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:52 PM) *

That car looks to nice to turn into a donor. Want to trade it for a nice motorcycle? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached Image

Don't you have enough 914's Shoe?
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Jul 1 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Does that 9eleben run? Looks nice.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jul 1 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #5

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

Unless there is something terminally wrong with that 911 I sure wouldn't part/scrap it out!
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jul 1 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #6

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 1 2012, 12:52 PM) *

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Then D could trade me the 911 for the work on one of his cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jul 1 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #7

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I would piece it out just to piss everyone off! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Seriously though, since it runs and if its registered I would drive it!
+Quote Post
Tom
post Jul 1 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626

Cuse me, never stops raining there ( San Diego). Move to the PNW and say that again!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Really looks like a nice 911, maybe too nice to part out. Maybe sell it and buy an engine seperately. Selling it could fuel your conversion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Tom
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 1 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 1 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Cuse me, never stops raining there ( San Diego). Move to the PNW and say that again!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Really looks like a nice 911, maybe too nice to part out. Maybe sell it and buy an engine seperately. Selling it could fuel your conversion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Tom

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) That looks to be pretty nice. Even if it is an assdragger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I'd drive it & sure wouldn't part it out. Unless it has some serious rust hidden that justifies it. Or the other side is caved in & we just can't see it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 1 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #10

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Don't listen to these guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
There's plenty on that 9eleben that you can use, then sell the rest as parts.

You'll have a great 914 and some extra money in the bank ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
warpig
post Jul 1 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #11

Ya thats what I was thinking.... There are a million 911's around, I see them everyday....But now a really cherry 914 6 thats something that will get noticed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 1 2012, 06:34 PM) *

Don't listen to these guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
There's plenty on that 9eleben that you can use, then sell the rest as parts.

You'll have a great 914 and some extra money in the bank ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

+Quote Post
warpig
post Jul 1 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #12

Just moved to Portland OR a couple months ago. Havent changed my status yet cuz,,,well,,,just not comfortable with it yet
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 1 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Tom

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jul 1 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(warpig @ Jul 1 2012, 01:37 PM) *

After being on this sight since I started looking for a 914, 2 years ago. And reading all about how much fun it is to put gobs of power in these tiny little death traps. Well it has happened. A friend was hard up for money and I had some. So now I have an 81 911 SC donor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Its just beginning to sink in that I won't get to drive it for a while but it never stops raining here anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Any tips or advice, words of encouragement etc. are cheerfully accepted or ignored as the mood strikes me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) As I get started I will be selling off all the misc. stuff I don't intend to use from both cars for the ongoing expenses, so if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will unbolt it and send along, as I don't want any of it to go to waste. I will try to get a list of things I am getting rid of and what I still need posted this week. And guess what... the donor runs!!!! It is actually in decent shape. I never thought I could afford one that wasn't out of a wrecking yard but the Gods can be incredible awesome some days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) Any how it will be a bit before the transformation begins, I have to find suitable shop space. But then it's on. Here is a pic of the donor and recipient. I will be posting pics and maybe video of some of the more interesting bits as it comes along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Thanks for leading me here, I hope it will be as good for you as it is for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

yes...I need the knee pad.... :rolleyes:and the front valance
+Quote Post
TargaToy
post Jul 2 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #14

-NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO-

Member No.: 11,509

I think I'd have to figure out a way to keep both.

Back in my Honda CRX days my BIL found me a SCHWEET Integra for a donor because it had the bigger DOHC motor, rear discs, etc that I planned for upgrades to my car.

We're talking Honda vs Porsche here, i realize...but I couldn't even bring myself to sacrifice that donor. I put on a new head on it, got it road worthy, and sold it to my nephew for his first car...and kept on driving my CRX as it was.

That being said...I was just driving along minding my own business the other evening and noticed THIS in clear view. Naturally, I had to detour and have a closer look-see. Now why would somebody strip a perfectly good 911?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
rohar
post Jul 2 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,685

Oh, and who you calling "YOU PEOPLE"!

Sheesh, I gotta do everything around here. You're slippin teenerfolk!

I say strip that 911 for all it's worth and sell the rest. You'll like yourself better after it's done.
+Quote Post
CG-914
post Jul 2 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,526
Region Association: Southern California

Dont strip it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) ! You could get a one running from a crash a lot lot cheaper!!!!
Keep a nice 911 running!
I thought we are not just here because of the 914s, but also because we admire the Porsche technology and there coolnes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) !!!!!!
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 3 2012, 07:10 AM
Post #17

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Kill the 911!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Jul 3 2012, 08:11 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,570

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 3 2012, 06:10 AM) *

Hey don't kill those 911s. We need them as donors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) . In fact, encourage 911 owners to keep their engines fresh and in tip-top shape and to keep their suspensions in great working condition. Brake calipers wheels ... keep them all very nice. By doing that, we can be assured of years of harvesting.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Jul 3 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #19

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jul 2 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Now why would somebody strip a perfectly good 911?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Maybe it was stolen and stripped for parts.
+Quote Post
porbmw
post Jul 3 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,534

Looks way too good to kill.
Although it appears to be a Euro car....gray market/title issues...what year?
IF you are killing it, and if it has a rear wiper mechanism/motor etc, could you pm me
Thanks
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:28 AM