Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> UPDATE: Found - Matching Seat Vinyl, Tan Squareweave., Damn dog. God DAMN dog.
DBCooper
post Jun 22 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #1

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

UPDATE: I ended up getting the seat recovered, both sides. Found an exact-match vinyl from TMI, and it looks really good. Thanks all.

Need a seat bottom, tan squareweave, for a 75 or 76 car. I have a very nice one that's half eaten, if you want to trade. Since I know that's not likely as option number two I'm buying.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 12)
JStroud
post Jun 22 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,594

I've got a couple extra in decent shape, not tan basket weave, but might be better than half of one till you find one. You know where I live.

Jeff
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jun 23 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Hi Jeff. Great work on your shop, that's going to be nice. Actually I have a black one too, but this is for an interior I want to give to my son for his car. Since it's a present I really want a tan one so it looks good. Well, as good as it can anyway. But thanks. Big thanks.
+Quote Post
groot
post Jun 24 2013, 07:03 AM
Post #4

Dis member

Member No.: 1,444

I have 2, neither of which look very good, but they used to be tan. I can post a pic later today.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jun 24 2013, 07:19 AM
Post #5

Ha ha, "used" to be tan, I like that. Well, if we can't have beauty maybe go for character?
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jun 24 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #6

Sorry, I've been trying to find material on the web to see if I could just repair the damaged seat, and realize I need tan SQUAREweave, not basketweave. that was what was used on 75-76 cars, not the earlier, which were basketweave. I edited the first post, changing the basketweave for squareweave. Sorry if that's caused any problems. Still need a tan seat bottom, just from a later car to match.
+Quote Post
groot
post Jun 24 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #7

Dis member

I'll take a pic tonight. I don't really know what I have.
+Quote Post
groot
post Jun 24 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #8

Dis member

Are these what you are seeking???
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jun 25 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #9

Unfortunately no. Here's what I have, squareweave (75-76):
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tmiproducts.com-2618-1372099657.1.jpg)
And I think this is what you have, basketweave (72-74, but the sample photo is a "saddle" color):
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tmiproducts.com-2618-1372099657.2.jpg)

But you said they didn't "look good"? They aren't so bad at all. The seats they're in aren't bad, either, or at least can't see major flaws. You should probably keep them together as a complete set. Someone may just want usable seats, which they are, with plans to recover them some time later. If you want to get rid of them send me a PM, maybe I could use them as placeholders until I found real squareweave seats for a match.

Still need some late tan squareweave seat bottoms. Help my son out, and get this dog a reprieve.
+Quote Post
groot
post Jun 26 2013, 05:23 AM
Post #10

Dis member

I've got so many pm chains going on.... I've got these seat cushions going to dknechtly. Good luck on your hunt!!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 26 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #11

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 25 2013, 12:43 PM) *

Unfortunately no. Here's what I have, squareweave (75-76):
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tmiproducts.com-2618-1372099657.1.jpg)
And I think this is what you have, basketweave (72-74, but the sample photo is a "saddle" color):
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tmiproducts.com-2618-1372099657.2.jpg)

But you said they didn't "look good"? They aren't so bad at all. The seats they're in aren't bad, either, or at least can't see major flaws. You should probably keep them together as a complete set. Someone may just want usable seats, which they are, with plans to recover them some time later. If you want to get rid of them send me a PM, maybe I could use them as placeholders until I found real squareweave seats for a match.

Still need some late tan squareweave seat bottoms. Help my son out, and get this dog a reprieve.

IIRC Autos International &/or World Upholstery have the one you want in tan (they'll call it another color. Go on their websites & look for the samples under vinyl. If not those 2, then try Lakewell (in Belgium) & email the guy there with your pic above to see if they have it (you can also email the pic to the first 2).

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
tweet
post Jun 27 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 15,579
Region Association: South East States

Have you considered just getting some nice seat cushions and changing the color? There are many good quality upholstery dyes and paints on the market. If you got a can or two, you could redo the seats and door panels. Starting with a lighter shade is easier as a base. By the time you are done, everything will look new again. And you can always do touch up and repairs that will match in the future, because the color will always be renewed and blended.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jun 27 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *

Have you considered just getting some nice seat cushions and changing the color? There are many good quality upholstery dyes and paints on the market. If you got a can or two, you could redo the seats and door panels. Starting with a lighter shade is easier as a base. By the time you are done, everything will look new again. And you can always do touch up and repairs that will match in the future, because the color will always be renewed and blended.

Yes, that's an alternative if I can't find a matching cushion. Dye's acceptable, but the first choice is undyed vinyl. The rest of the interior is perfect, really pretty, and I hope he'll be able to use it the way it is. It's a present and I want it to be nice, so my thinking is that the simplest alternative is to find a matching cushion and we're done. That's looking less and less likely, so Plan B is to just buy a yard of the vinyl (photo above, from TMI the VW upholstery people) and make two new (matching) seat bottoms, as long as I can find a really close match. From the photos I think I may have, so I have a sample swatch coming. Then Plan C would be to use the black cushion I have and dye it the same color, but my experience with dyes is that they're even harder to match than paint. Then finally if nothing else works dye the whole thing. But the easiest alternative would still be finding a cushion in the original vinyl so there's a better chance of a match. I'm giving it a shot, who knows?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:27 AM