Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Flasher Relay
lsintampa
post Aug 5 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,441
Region Association: South East States

75 914/4 2.0 FI

Yet another "aftermarket" part that fails to meet the task. I don't understand how vendors say this part is compatible with your car - when indeed it is not. Seems to be an ongoing challenge for me.

Does anyone have a part number of a flasher relay that works correctly (doesn't buzz constantly - or have other erratic tendencies)?

I don't care if it is Porsche part, or aftermarket for that matter.. just one that works as it should.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
JeffBowlsby
post Aug 5 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I have a bag full of turnsignal/hazard flashers Len. You should make a list of things you need so I am not running the post office every other day HA!

But seriously, a relay should not buzz...maybe its some other issue? Have you cleaned all contacts, and grounds? checked the voltages at the relay base? Checked/cleaned replaced fuses?

+Quote Post
lsintampa
post Aug 5 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,441
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 5 2013, 03:49 PM) *

I have a bag full of turnsignal/hazard flashers Len. You should make a list of things you need so I am not running the post office every other day HA!

But seriously, a relay should not buzz...maybe its some other issue? Have you cleaned all contacts, and grounds? checked the voltages at the relay base? Checked/cleaned replaced fuses?

I don't have all the grounds connected for sure. My dash is out, as are all the instruments, so I'm sure there are harness grounds not attached.

I would think (always a bad idea) that the flasher relay should work properly though. It is aftermarket - so maybe that's the deal. Wittrin or some such thing. It comes up as being for the 914 - in fact the part number is 914-618-303-11

IDK, maybe it's just me. But the thing buzzes with power on - clicks as you'd expect with blinkers and or four-ways on.

Part is available from either AA or Big Bird and they both claim it is OK with the 914.

This is sort of a re-post of one I posted a little while ago. Was directed to a thread on the Pelican board that talked about this issue, but I didn't see that it really matched my situation - or maybe it did and I didn't understand it.

I'll hold it until I get more ducks in a row.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 06:55 AM