Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problems With PMB Performance, Anyone Else?
mercury26
post May 11 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,562
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I sent my calipers in last October 2015 and received a confirmation that they were received shortly after they were sent. I was sent an invoice but was told not to pay until they were ready to ship. I sent an email on 2/1/16 to inquire on the status and received an email the next day that they were almost done. I then emailed on 2/17/16 to see if they were complete, since then I emailed on 2/26, 4/12, 5/9 and 5/11 with no response back. I have also left numerous voicemails with no call back. At this point, I would just like my calipers back regardless if they have been completed or not. I had used PMB before with good results, it is too bad that they are not being at all responsive. Also, they must have lots going on at the shop since they have Facebook and Twitter posts every other day on all the activities going on.

Any one else having similar problems? Another person posted on Facebook and Google about the same issue. Both of our posts were deleted from their Facebook page, so they are reading and monitoring what is going on.

Thanks

Chuck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
porschetub
post May 11 2016, 03:58 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mercury26 @ May 11 2016, 06:33 PM) *

I sent my calipers in last October 2015 and received a confirmation that they were received shortly after they were sent. I was sent an invoice but was told not to pay until they were ready to ship. I sent an email on 2/1/16 to inquire on the status and received an email the next day that they were almost done. I then emailed on 2/17/16 to see if they were complete, since then I emailed on 2/26, 4/12, 5/9 and 5/11 with no response back. I have also left numerous voicemails with no call back. At this point, I would just like my calipers back regardless if they have been completed or not. I had used PMB before with good results, it is too bad that they are not being at all responsive. Also, they must have lots going on at the shop since they have Facebook and Twitter posts every other day on all the activities going on.

Any one else having similar problems? Another person posted on Facebook and Google about the same issue. Both of our posts were deleted from their Facebook page, so they are reading and monitoring what is going on.

Thanks

Chuck

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) however not a good start,really hope you didn't join for this reason,better to deal with it personally.
+Quote Post
mb911
post May 11 2016, 05:07 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I just spoke with Eric on Monday.. They are swamped I know that.. I would try calling again and get this resolved offline. They are the good guys as I am sure you already know that from your past experiences..

Best wishes.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cevan
post May 11 2016, 05:07 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,351

Sound like he's been trying to handle it personally for the last three months.
+Quote Post
87m491
post May 11 2016, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

OP join date looks to be 5 years ago? Interesting phenomena that social media. Every successful vendor must play if you will. However, if they have time to monitor and post to social media outlets, they also have time to answer customer inquiries.....it's all about priorities.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) however not a good start,really hope you didn't join for this reason,better to deal with it personally.
+Quote Post
two914-6s
post May 11 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,846

Eric from PMB was a nightmare and still owes me money. He sold me a pair of 914-6 brakes. I had to send them back four times with quality control problems.(I went back to read the emails) He finally fixed the problems. But not before calling me a bunch of names in emails and acting like a bully. If you ask me he's over his head in business. If he once had a good reputation, he won't have much longer if he treats other people like he treated me. I'm a shitty writer but I'll publish the email exchanges if anyone doubts me. He also has ample time for social media, which bugged me while I was trying to solve my brake problems. Steer clear of PMB if you ask me.
Dave
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 11 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow I am completely shocked by this. Eric has been absolutely wonderful to deal with and I have bought a lot of parts from him.

I know his business went from a home garage based business to a full blown business during my transactions. I am sure we will hear from Eric about the above experiences.

We all have bad days, but being rude to customers is never the answer and that is not the Eric I know.
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 11 2016, 07:07 AM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

The only problem I've had with Eric was when he incorrectly shipped me the wrong rear brake hoses. After it was discovered he asked me "What I wanted to do about it!" I believe the correct response should have been, "I'll get the correct ones out to you immediately and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. How it was handled just left a bad taste in my mouth. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
Here is a Truism for Business Owners: Customers don't remember the problem; only how it was handled. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post May 11 2016, 07:42 AM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Eric is good people & does a lot for our community. I suppose there are bound to be some issue's with any business. Give him a call please. Anyone with an issue needs to call & talk to him. He'll get you squared away. We don't need a pile on thread here. He is one of the good guys & vendors. I've had nothing but good experience's with him. In the past 10 years & multiple purchases. I've had one caliper I had trouble with. He had another to me the same week to replace it.

I know he is much busier these days but seriously call the shop & talk to him.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post May 11 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Always two sides to every story. Hopefully the OPs issues will be handled quietly by Eric
and not turn into another AA back and forth bashing thread.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post May 11 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Whats the old saying? "Its a mighty thin pancake that only has one side."

JRust - I believe he stated he HAS attempted contacting/calling him, "I have also left numerous voicemails with no call back". Interesting.

Eric is highly regarded, as is his business here - I'm sure it will be resolved. I certainly would withhold judgement though...Eric has "earned" that latitude.

All the best, take a deep breath and pump the brakes. I couldn't resist...

Tony

QUOTE(JRust @ May 11 2016, 08:42 AM) *

Eric is good people & does a lot for our community. I suppose there are bound to be some issue's with any business. Give him a call please. Anyone with an issue needs to call & talk to him. He'll get you squared away. We don't need a pile on thread here. He is one of the good guys & vendors. I've had nothing but good experience's with him. In the past 10 years & multiple purchases. I've had one caliper I had trouble with. He had another to me the same week to replace it.

I know he is much busier these days but seriously call the shop & talk to him.
+Quote Post
mercury26
post May 11 2016, 09:01 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,562
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Over the last 3 1/2 months, I have called close to 20-30 times and left messages. Of all those times, I spoke to a person once (beginning of March, 3/2 @ 10am MT to be exact) and was told they have a lot of personal issues going on. I was then told they would get back to me the following week, guess what? No one ever called me back. I have tried to call 2-3 times a week since February and other than that one interaction no has ever returned my calls or emails. I have tried to resolve the issue and at my wits end. I just want my parts back and will find someone else to restore them.

As to why I joined 914, I have a 911 and was looking to add a 914 to the stable. Also, I had some 914 parts that I was selling. I would rather my few posts be something positive, this is a large disappointment but I am running out of options.

Regards,

Chuck
+Quote Post
post May 11 2016, 09:12 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

I have no skin on this, but if I went through all these efforts to resolve it. Especially when the calls and promises of a call back that never materlized. I think anyone in their right mind would be Pis--!. Oh, ya that also applies to my family members too.

Ps. With a blooming business, I think it's time to maybe hire additional staff.
+Quote Post
stugray
post May 11 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,819

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 11 2016, 06:44 AM) *

Wow I am completely shocked by this. Eric has been absolutely wonderful to deal with and I have bought a lot of parts from him.

I know his business went from a home garage based business to a full blown business during my transactions. I am sure we will hear from Eric about the above experiences.

We all have bad days, but being rude to customers is never the answer and that is not the Eric I know.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with PMB, but have only ordered parts, never a service. I have also received helpful responses to emails.
I am very surprised to hear about the lack of responses, that is out of character for Eric.

On a side note: I recall another well respected vendor on this forum that had so much business and was SOOO busy, that they "could not be bothered by those pesky customers with questions".
Back then I stated that "if business is sooo good that you are too busy to speak to the customers, then perhaps it is time to hire some help to do that full time".
It wasn't much longer that the vendor in question shut down and does not provide that particular service any longer.
A business should seriously consider where it is headed if it ever finds itself "too busy to deal with customers".
+Quote Post
bulitt
post May 11 2016, 09:51 AM
Post #15

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 11 2016, 08:44 AM) *

I am shocked also and would like to hear Eric's side. My interactions with him have all been great.
Personal observation - Restoration shops are swamped with work. Some are scheduled for several years.

I believe his father passed away in December. That can throw your entire life upside down.
+Quote Post
SA-914
post May 11 2016, 09:54 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 17,566
Region Association: Southwest Region

I ordered parts from them yesterday...waiting to see what happens...
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 11 2016, 09:55 AM
Post #17

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Almost 8 months ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) ) is far too long without resolution of the transaction. I'd be on a jet to SLC and get my parts. More $ but some satisfaction when you walk thru the door. "Give me my parts. NOW!". Fly out and home the same day.
+Quote Post
wes
post May 11 2016, 10:15 AM
Post #18

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

Very sad to hear this as I have had a great experience with the complete rebuild of my calipers at PMB. I'm happy to say they look and work as new. I have talked to Eric and his wife At Rennsport and both seem too be very nice people. Although it's no excuse sometimes growing pains cause problems with staff and organization. I really hope you're problem is resolved as I consider them to be a great member of our little world and knowledgeable help for our cars.
+Quote Post
6freak
post May 11 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #19

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(two914-6s @ May 11 2016, 05:28 AM) *

Eric from PMB was a nightmare and still owes me money. He sold me a pair of 914-6 brakes. I had to send them back four times with quality control problems.(I went back to read the emails) He finally fixed the problems. But not before calling me a bunch of names in emails and acting like a bully. If you ask me he's over his head in business. If he once had a good reputation, he won't have much longer if he treats other people like he treated me. I'm a shitty writer but I'll publish the email exchanges if anyone doubts me. He also has ample time for social media, which bugged me while I was trying to solve my brake problems. Steer clear of PMB if you ask me.
Dave

you to huh! and I got bashed on this site by him for all to see !except the money part,I only had quality issues .. I write like crap to but that dont make who you are and you shouldnt be put down for it !

he is a bully IMO and you know what happens to bullys ,they finally end up getting there ass handed to them by "someone"( A Christmas story) comes to mind

My family has been part of the P.C.A. PNWR region for a very long time 40 plus years "Dad was President" for a time..and I let everyone know how he treated me ,alot were surprized to be honest, but said ok no more PMB for them

Someone

+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 11 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #20

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Knew that one was coming.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 06:09 AM