Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D/L Jetronic fuel pump replacement
N_Jay
post Sep 13 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,720
Region Association: None

In the next few weeks I will be putting a (temporary) L-Jetronic 1.8 engine in my 914.
I am not sure I have a working bosch pump, so what is the preferred aftermarket pump these days?

Figure with all the EFI cars they should be easy to find, and guessing I will need a regulator to bring the pressure down to the right spec.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
ClayPerrine
post Sep 13 2016, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Get an Airtex E8445 or equivalent. No regulator, other than the factory one is needed.

Available at your FLAPS.

Been running one on Betty's car for years. Works perfectly. Rob-O is running one on his L-Jet car.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Sep 14 2016, 08:01 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yup, what Clay said. Works well. The inlet size to the pump is a little large if you're using the factory fuel lines sizes. But it's really easy to rectify the issue. The inlet comes as a brass fitting that screws onto the pump. You cut the barb off that brass fitting, then tap the hole left behind. You then thread a small Ford fuel filter into the tapped hole. It's a brilliant solution, really. The pump is an Airtex E8445 as Clay said. Tap was 1/8-27 NPT. I don't recall the fuel filter (but I bet Clay knows it off the top of his head). I used some self-tapping screws from the local hardware store and mounted the pump on the firewall.

I got all of the parts (pump/filter/tap) at the local O'Reilly's for ~$100. All of it was in stock (pump, filter) or hanging in the tool section (tap).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:37 AM