Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> painting the car, need local body paint recommendation
914 RZ-1
post Oct 19 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Porsche Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,230
Region Association: Southern California

I'd like to paint my car. It was originally silver and is currently white. The car was in an accident a long time ago and the driver's front fender was replaced and I think that's when the car was re-painted.
I will either paint it the original silver or maybe dark silver. The front and rear trunks have been painted, but not the engine bay and the area where the gas tank is located. I will probably leave those as they are.

I have options:
1. I can sand and prep the car. The body is pretty straight. I can strip off all the rubber and other parts, tape off the parts I don't want painted, then take it to the painter and just have them paint it. That will probably take me awhile and make a huge mess.

2. Take it to a painter and have them do everything.

Either way, I need recommendations for a paint shops in the LA area. I live in Valencia (northern LA county), so if there's one close that would be great. But, I'm willing the drive a little if I can get a better deal.

I just want to get the car looking nice, not concourse perfect. But I want it done right.

What can I expect to pay and what am I looking for in a paint shop? What should I ask them?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
thomasf2220
post Nov 14 2016, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,580
Region Association: None

The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Nov 14 2016, 06:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I was quoted 5 to 7,000 for paint, car was stripped, all undercoating off, on a dolly......
But the painter, an expert in the area for Hot Rod builds and Motorcycle's took it to the next level......Love it, payed $10,000. Best, Mark Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 14 2016, 07:21 AM
Post #4

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 01:37 AM) *

The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Nov 14 2016, 07:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 14 2016, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 01:37 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

spammer....is there no way to report a post to the mods witout sending a pm?
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Nov 14 2016, 08:45 AM
Post #6

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 05:37 AM) *

...learning how to write well... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

I mean if you're going to spam about grammar and spelling, at least get it right!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:45 AM