Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: painting the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
I'd like to paint my car. It was originally silver and is currently white. The car was in an accident a long time ago and the driver's front fender was replaced and I think that's when the car was re-painted.
I will either paint it the original silver or maybe dark silver. The front and rear trunks have been painted, but not the engine bay and the area where the gas tank is located. I will probably leave those as they are.

I have options:
1. I can sand and prep the car. The body is pretty straight. I can strip off all the rubber and other parts, tape off the parts I don't want painted, then take it to the painter and just have them paint it. That will probably take me awhile and make a huge mess.

2. Take it to a painter and have them do everything.

Either way, I need recommendations for a paint shops in the LA area. I live in Valencia (northern LA county), so if there's one close that would be great. But, I'm willing the drive a little if I can get a better deal.

I just want to get the car looking nice, not concourse perfect. But I want it done right.

What can I expect to pay and what am I looking for in a paint shop? What should I ask them?

Thanks!
thomasf2220
The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.
mlindner
I was quoted 5 to 7,000 for paint, car was stripped, all undercoating off, on a dolly......
But the painter, an expert in the area for Hot Rod builds and Motorcycle's took it to the next level......Love it, payed $10,000. Best, Mark Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 01:37 AM) *

The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.

WTF.gif
falcor75
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 14 2016, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 01:37 AM) *

WTF.gif

spammer....is there no way to report a post to the mods witout sending a pm?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(thomasf2220 @ Nov 14 2016, 05:37 AM) *

...learning how to write well... poke.gif screwy.gif

I mean if you're going to spam about grammar and spelling, at least get it right!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.