Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> painting the car, need local body paint recommendation
914 RZ-1
post Oct 19 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Porsche Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,230
Region Association: Southern California

I'd like to paint my car. It was originally silver and is currently white. The car was in an accident a long time ago and the driver's front fender was replaced and I think that's when the car was re-painted.
I will either paint it the original silver or maybe dark silver. The front and rear trunks have been painted, but not the engine bay and the area where the gas tank is located. I will probably leave those as they are.

I have options:
1. I can sand and prep the car. The body is pretty straight. I can strip off all the rubber and other parts, tape off the parts I don't want painted, then take it to the painter and just have them paint it. That will probably take me awhile and make a huge mess.

2. Take it to a painter and have them do everything.

Either way, I need recommendations for a paint shops in the LA area. I live in Valencia (northern LA county), so if there's one close that would be great. But, I'm willing the drive a little if I can get a better deal.

I just want to get the car looking nice, not concourse perfect. But I want it done right.

What can I expect to pay and what am I looking for in a paint shop? What should I ask them?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:09 PM