Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kind of a fun weekend, Got to drive a 930
DNHunt
post May 30 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

My brother in law let me drive his 930. Quite an experience. My dad had a GTO when I was in high school and this impressed me more.

It scared the livin sh*t out of me. The first time I tried to brake for a corner I looked up the left front. I find out later, he hasn't done anything to the brakes in 5 years. Still it was a blast, I was just really careful braking for corners

My son is in a state of walking bliss. After I got my turn, he lets my 15 year old son who's had his learner's permit for 3 weeks try it. When the turbo started to come on he just grinned. I only let him drive it in a straight line.

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
TimT
post May 30 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #2

retired

Member No.: 313

I remember it well... the first time you drive a 930 is an EYE opening experience

I delivered a car for a leasing company about 20 years ago, A 930, drove from Boston to NY

It was a FUN drive to say the least (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom Perso
post May 30 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Crazy from the Cold...

Member No.: 1,003

Boost is like crack... Once you hit it, you can't stop... LOL You're hook from there on in!

That's what I hear at least (about the boost...) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Later,
Tom
+Quote Post
john rogers
post May 30 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 391

I've taken several people for a fast ride in our 1987 930 and it almost makes them scream. With the old style 4 speed and having it hit 140 in 3rd gear they start to panic somewhat when they see there is another gear left! My 914 race car is quick and corners better, but the 930 is killer!
+Quote Post
Reiche
post May 31 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,934

I hope my old boss isn't reading this...

I was locking up, alone, after work, pulling the cars in etc. 930 factory slantnose idling in the parking lot...ohh yes. I never got to 140. Hitting 100 in 2nd was enough for me! Took it right back to the shop and changed my shorts.

Boss pulled up about a minute after I returned. I guess he had forgotten something. Never felt so lucky in all my life.

Another 930: Customer complains about intermittent smoke coming from the tailpipe. Boss tells me to pick it up at his house and "try to make it smoke." OK, sure! Never got it to smoke, but sure had fun trying!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:35 PM