Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Rubber site issues
Matty900
post Nov 24 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am still working on trying to get things on the site correctly and fix bugs. If you see something that isn't working or have any feedback, can you please let me know. Thank you for your support. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
PanelBilly
post Nov 24 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

My wife bought me a gift card but I don’t know how to use it. I have a paypal receipt number, it that’s all
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Nov 24 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The comment box on the Contact Us form uses white font on white background so you can't see what you are typing. There was another place that did that also - I think it was adding a custom shipping address during checkout.

The biggest bug I've seen is there is no complete Restoration Kit on sale for 30% off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Morph914
post Nov 24 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,326
Region Association: South East States

I was trying to purchase the late rubber kit for $679 yesterday before it said out of stock, but I was unable to complete the purchase due to both shipping options being unavailable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
That being said, I was happy with some of the purchases made earlier in the day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Morph914
post Nov 24 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 20,326
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Nov 24 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 07:47 PM) *

I was trying to purchase the late rubber kit for $679 yesterday before it said out of stock, but I was unable to complete the purchase due to both shipping options being unavailable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
That being said, I was happy with some of the purchases made earlier in the day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I had the same issue. Tried several times throughout the day without luck. Then I added another item to my cart and the shipping options reappeared. Don't know if it was coincidence or not.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 24 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 24 2018, 06:20 PM) *

My wife bought me a gift card but I don’t know how to use it. I have a paypal receipt number, it that’s all

The code was sent to your email, but it was before when you would have been looking for it. So I just resent it to you. Check your junk mail and let me know if you need any help
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 24 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 24 2018, 06:27 PM) *

The comment box on the Contact Us form uses white font on white background so you can't see what you are typing. There was another place that did that also - I think it was adding a custom shipping address during checkout.

The biggest bug I've seen is there is no complete Restoration Kit on sale for 30% off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

The White background with white letters (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) It is something in the design side that I don't have access to. Seems like it would be an easy fix, I just can't figure out how to get to the place where I would be able to do that.

One of the plans is to use some of the money raised from this weekends sale to get some help in working bugs out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) I can't even figure out how he came up with that listing. It was Supposed to be and Easy Button, That is more like and pilot checklist to prepare for taking off. We will create a new version of the kits that hopefully make it a little easier. However if you add all of the stuff up that is in that kit on the old site, I believe it is more than 30% off all of with all of the stuff in it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 24 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 06:47 PM) *

Sorry, that was me panicking when I went to turn the sale on and it would not apply discounts to the bundles. I did not want to oversell them, so I was going to make a new listing so we could control the amount sold. The problem then was that it had no idea how to calculate shipping. So I ended up having to edit the original listings that I will have to clean up later.
The Good News is that I put ALL of the kits on sale and for even less. So hopefully that made up for it for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

So if you guys did not notice, that is over $240 off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 24 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 06:47 PM) *

See post above (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 25 2018, 12:36 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

No email in the junk folder either. My address is wmshott@gmail.com.
+Quote Post
jjs3rd914
post Nov 25 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,476

I'm trying to place order on old and new site, old site more expensive for same items. But new site will not allow any shipping option, says option not available.

Help

Jjs3rd914
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 25 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 25 2018, 10:36 AM) *

No email in the junk folder either. My address is wmshott@gmail.com.

Success! We finally got this one figured out! Thank you Billy for your patience on this one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 25 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(jjs3rd914 @ Nov 25 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I'm trying to place order on old and new site, old site more expensive for same items. But new site will not allow any shipping option, says option not available.

Help

Jjs3rd914

I am guessing that you are trying to purchase something that will not allow a back order on. I will send you a PM so we can figure it out.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Nov 25 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #15

BIG ISSUES
So in trying to figure out what was going on with Billys order, we discovered that the site still had some very old email addresses floating around in it that were not monitored. So there were some messages in there asking questions about things that no one was seeing. So we fixed that.

Check out issues without signing in, The site was still set to allow you to check out without signing in. This is a very big problem. It didn't ask for any information other than an email address. So there is no way for us to contact you if there is an issue with your order or shipping questions. So if you didn't get your email address correct, (found 3 emails that order confirmations bounced from because they did not exist) We have no way of contacting you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) If you don't have a and order confirmation email. please send me a PM so we can get that fixed.

So You will definitely want to set up an account. It has some pretty cool features like a wish list, product comparisons, order history ect. It is not signing you up for the newsletter so you will not get any extra emails but you may want to do that too. That is something we have some big plans for too.
+Quote Post
DickSteinkamp
post Nov 25 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 20,876
Region Association: None

I haven't rcd an answer to my questions sent from the new site. No problem if they will be answered before the deals expire.

BTW, when do the deals expire?
+Quote Post
Pursang
post Nov 26 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 15,386

Matty, I know a guy who has a web design company. I'm sure there are plenty of such options and you can choose whomever you wish but I know this guy's outfit is good. If you're interested in talking to him, send me a PM and I will give you his web link.
+Quote Post
jjs3rd914
post Nov 26 2018, 08:32 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,476

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 25 2018, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jjs3rd914 @ Nov 25 2018, 01:06 PM) *

Help

Jjs3rd914

I am guessing that you are trying to purchase something that will not allow a back order on. I will send you a PM so we can figure it out.

Retried today after I created an account and it worked perfectly. Thanks

jjs3rd914

+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Nov 26 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

Commentary on the new site:

- Slow. Workable, but pokey.
- Disappointed that old account did not come over, along with order history. How long will old info be available?
- White-on-white comment box as above. If I had not read that prior then I'd'a been lost.
- Typo on order confirmation: "An email receipt including the detail's about your order..."
+Quote Post
jvmarino
post Nov 26 2018, 09:32 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 10,188
Region Association: None

I was wondering if the corduroy seat sets are also on sale. They do not show on the new site, but only on the old site.

Jim
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 01:46 PM