Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spotted in Sharonville / Cincinnati, Ohio, Going out the back gate at Scarlet Oaks to Haul Rd.
914forme
post May 7 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Feel bad about this one. Wonderful weather day in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday. Days that you dream of, the few days it pays to own a convertible. I left my office just a tad past 5, dropped the top on my Miata, and drove out the back gate, got stuck at the light to turn left, and I look up in the rear view and see a Orange 914 pull up behind me, Just then the light turns green, and we go our separate ways. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

First off I have been beating myself up for driving a Miata, I am 6'2" I am a big boy, I barely fit. I drove a Cayman the other day, and fell in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) It has room, it drives very well, and handles so well I am sure I will have a few speeding tickets not from the straights but from the curves. So I have been kicking myself, but the Miata is paid for. Then I am enjoying a bit of good weather top down action, and it was like Karma the Universe or what ever you believe in was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) me.

So only person I know of with an Orange 914 like that is @LeadFoot was it you, or if no then who is running around North Cincy with a great looking 914?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 11)
bigkensteele
post May 7 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

Thomas @tscrihfield just got his yellow 3.2 conversion running, and that is his current stomping ground. I just saw the car last weekend, and depending on the tint of your sunglasses and level of color blindness, it might look orange.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post May 7 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Stephen -

Get the Cayman. I have an '11 Cayman S that I'll keep forever. You know - you drove one.....you'll enjoy every mile, even going to get gas.........and generally, cops aren't waiting for you in the twisties. I've been driving Caymans for 8 years, and while I've been stopped 5 times, I've never received a ticket.

In VA the state requires front plates (totally stupid, right?), and my front plate is a Euro plate. Is it illegal? Cops think so, and stop me. One judge threw the charge out. A $35 non-moving violation, 1 point. I'm not changing.

GN

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i890.photobucket.com-21449-1557282439.1.jpg)

QUOTE(914forme @ May 7 2019, 06:47 PM) *

Feel bad about this one. Wonderful weather day in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday. Days that you dream of, the few days it pays to own a convertible. I left my office just a tad past 5, dropped the top on my Miata, and drove out the back gate, got stuck at the light to turn left, and I look up in the rear view and see a Orange 914 pull up behind me, Just then the light turns green, and we go our separate ways. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

First off I have been beating myself up for driving a Miata, I am 6'2" I am a big boy, I barely fit. I drove a Cayman the other day, and fell in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) It has room, it drives very well, and handles so well I am sure I will have a few speeding tickets not from the straights but from the curves. So I have been kicking myself, but the Miata is paid for. Then I am enjoying a bit of good weather top down action, and it was like Karma the Universe or what ever you believe in was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) me.

So only person I know of with an Orange 914 like that is @LeadFoot was it you, or if no then who is running around North Cincy with a great looking 914?

+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post May 7 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

This is Thomas car 1973 originally a 1.7 that he picked up from me (I sold it for a friend) few years ago. Thomas and his wife drove it to Vegas then back home to Ohio within 5 or 6 days trip.
Is this the car you saw?

Attached Image
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post May 24 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #5

Drive Fast and Take Chances

Member No.: 12,156

HAHA! It was me. Sorry, I just now saw this. Been working a project in Memphis with little to no time at home.

That Monday, I was either running to West Chester or running from West Chester to tri-county and then home.

Thomas
+Quote Post
914forme
post May 24 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #6

Nice looking car as I said it really was like a kick in the balls.

+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post May 24 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 7 2019, 09:07 PM) *

This is Thomas car 1973 originally a 1.7 that he picked up from me (I sold it for a friend) few years ago. Thomas and his wife drove it to Vegas then back home to Ohio within 5 or 6 days trip.
Is this the car you saw?

Attached Image

Nice looking Thomas !
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post May 28 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(914forme @ May 24 2019, 09:17 PM) *

Sorry Stephen! I have just been enjoying the heck out of the car now that the 3.2 swap is done. I am loving this!

You need to stop by for your parts and take a ride! You'll love it. Or, lets plan a parts swap somewhere central for you.

Thomas
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post May 28 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 24 2019, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 7 2019, 09:07 PM) *

Is this the car you saw?

Attached Image

Nice looking Thomas !

Thanks Jim! How the heck are ya!? It's been a long time!

Thomas
+Quote Post
914forme
post May 28 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 28 2019, 09:09 PM) *

Sorry Stephen! I have just been enjoying the heck out of the car now that the 3.2 swap is done. I am loving this!

You need to stop by for your parts and take a ride! You'll love it. Or, lets plan a parts swap somewhere central for you.

Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, I am down with that, trying to figure out what I want to do with all of mine. Cayman is high on the list, Miata is freaking small...

PM or TXT me, we can do something next week. I have a deadline I need to meet this Friday.
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post May 29 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(914forme @ May 28 2019, 10:28 PM) *

Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, I am down with that, trying to figure out what I want to do with all of mine. Cayman is high on the list, Miata is freaking small...

PM or TXT me, we can do something next week. I have a deadline I need to meet this Friday.

@914forme
Stephen,
Lets shoot for the week after next. I too am working on a deadline but, I will be out of town next week.

Thanks,
Thomas
+Quote Post
914forme
post May 29 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 29 2019, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ May 28 2019, 10:28 PM) *

Thomas

@914forme
Stephen,
Lets shoot for the week after next. I too am working on a deadline but, I will be out of town next week.

Thanks,
Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, let us shoot for the week after that, I am on traveling that week. But in town the week of the 17th

Thank you,

Stephen
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:12 PM