Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ebay is now charging 12.5%
GeorgeKopf
post May 21 2021, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,186
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Most categories, including eBay Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies.

12.55% on total amount of the sale up to $7,500 calculated per item (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
2.35% on the portion of the sale over $7,500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

And, the last time I used Ebay they charged me 10% on the shipping cost too.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
mepstein
post May 21 2021, 02:05 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Way too much.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post May 21 2021, 02:28 PM
Post #3

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Is that for the sellers? I don't use Ebay much anymore, but occasionally someone will have something I need.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 21 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

They also now require your account be linked to your bank account. Hackers would love to get our bank account info. No thanks. Buh-bye ebay.
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post May 21 2021, 02:53 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,589

A pig's apatite is directly proportional to its size. Good riddance eBay!

Ansbacher
+Quote Post
GeorgeKopf
post May 21 2021, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 25,186

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 21 2021, 02:28 PM) *

Is that for the sellers? I don't use Ebay much anymore, but occasionally someone will have something I need.

@Root_Werks Yes this is for sellers but that means that sellers are adding 12.5% to the price to cover their costs.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post May 21 2021, 03:04 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Got a news letter from FedEx. They have too much business so they are going to start adding fee to surcharge to deliver. Says from $.30 for small stuff to $30 extra on top of the oversize charge. Click to open schedule.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jd74914
post May 21 2021, 03:06 PM
Post #8

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

Lately eBay looks more like banggood than an auction site. There really don't seem to be good deals to be had now except in categories like used books.
+Quote Post
jd74914
post May 21 2021, 03:08 PM
Post #9

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 21 2021, 04:04 PM) *

Got a news letter from FedEx. They have too much business so they are going to start adding a surcharge to deliver. Says from $.30 for small stuff to $30 extra on top of the oversize charge.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Its crazy...charging a surcharge to make more money. Normal businesses would add people and keep similar per part prices...
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 21 2021, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I sold some things a couple years ago... Fees totaled up to nearly 25% of the auction cost...
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post May 21 2021, 03:11 PM
Post #11

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

I found that selling on ebay usualky cost amout 20% when you add in listing fees, selling fees and PayPal fees. Last item i posted was supposed to be free if id did not sell. They took $20 anyway and it did not sell.
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post May 21 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565

eBay is long past being a garage sale between individuals. They want to compete with Amazon, not tag sales.

I used to sell some scooter starters that I modded to work on another scooter that had NLA starters. Between shipping, eBay fees, and PayPal fees it became not worth my time.
+Quote Post
roblav1
post May 21 2021, 05:52 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 14,943

I stopped using EvilBay at least 5 years ago... it got to be so bad. And Paypal is there now too. I'd rather do checks for transactions between trusted people.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post May 21 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #14

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

Ebay "jumped the shark" years ago. I started using eBay in 1999 and I miss the early days when you could find all sorts of great items and sellers fees were like 3%. Now it reminds me of a cheap flea market.
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 21 2021, 06:49 PM
Post #15

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 21 2021, 02:04 PM) *

Got a news letter from FedEx. They have too much business so they are going to start adding fee to surcharge to deliver. Says from $.30 for small stuff to $30 extra on top of the oversize charge. Click to open schedule.

FedEx sent me a letter saying that I owed them $57 from some items I shipped last July because of an error in the weight. I called and told them it was there error as it was weighed by their employee at their store. I had no way of weighing it since it was bulky and over 100 lb's. Furthermore, the Canadian buyer had paid the shipping charges and that transaction was over 8 months old. I no longer had any way of collecting that money from him. The lady said that I needed to send a letter disputing the charge and tell them why in my letter. A month later I get a boiler room form saying that they intend to turn over my debt to a collection agency but not a word about the disputed claim I'd sent them via email. I wrote back saying some one thought they would A: bully me into paying B: stick their head in the sand and hope I'd pay or C: they didn't read or receive my dispute. I sent it "certified mail" along with my original email disputing the charge on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see their next move. Oh, I forgot to mention that before I received their demand they tried to charge my CC that amount (I have a FedEX acc't) and Capitol One denied the charge. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
john77
post May 21 2021, 09:09 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

This hurt my brain to read. In what world is this now your problem? It's like buying something in a store and them contacting you months later to say the sticker price they put on it was wrong, so now you're going to have to pay the difference. Pretty sure any court in the country would laugh that out. Clowns.

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 21 2021, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 21 2021, 02:04 PM) *

FedEx sent me a letter saying that I owed them $57 from some items I shipped last July because of an error in the weight. I called and told them it was there error as it was weighed by their employee at their store. I had no way of weighing it since it was bulky and over 100 lb's. Furthermore, the Canadian buyer had paid the shipping charges and that transaction was over 8 months old. I no longer had any way of collecting that money from him. The lady said that I needed to send a letter disputing the charge and tell them why in my letter. A month later I get a boiler room form saying that they intend to turn over my debt to a collection agency but not a word about the disputed claim I'd sent them via email. I wrote back saying some one thought they would A: bully me into paying B: stick their head in the sand and hope I'd pay or C: they didn't read or receive my dispute. I sent it "certified mail" along with my original email disputing the charge on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see their next move. Oh, I forgot to mention that before I received their demand they tried to charge my CC that amount (I have a FedEX acc't) and Capitol One denied the charge. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 21 2021, 09:33 PM
Post #17

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 21 2021, 01:36 PM) *

They also now require your account be linked to your bank account. Hackers would love to get our bank account info.

That's why you have a special ebay-only checking account with no checks. Money comes in, it gets transferred straight to my regular account. No overdraft protection, either, so if they try to pull money out it just bounces.

--DD
+Quote Post
StarBear
post May 22 2021, 05:39 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,753

QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 21 2021, 08:16 PM) *

Ebay "jumped the shark" years ago. I started using eBay in 1999 and I miss the early days when you could find all sorts of great items and sellers fees were like 3%. Now it reminds me of a cheap flea market.

An expensive flea market.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post May 22 2021, 06:48 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(StarBear @ May 22 2021, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 21 2021, 08:16 PM) *

An expensive flea market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) The heyday of ebay is long over.
It was once a very good resource for both buyer and seller.
Now you waste tme looking at the same cheap widget listed 100 times over three
pages for the sme price from the same seller. And expensive to boot.
How is that good ? what is the logic ?
Another good thing ruined.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 22 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #20

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 21 2021, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 21 2021, 01:36 PM) *

They also now require your account be linked to your bank account. Hackers would love to get our bank account info.

That's why you have a special ebay-only checking account with no checks. Money comes in, it gets transferred straight to my regular account. No overdraft protection, either, so if they try to pull money out it just bounces.

--DD

That’s the right workaround for it Dave, but I’m not a big enough volume seller to justify the monthly fees for the dedicated checking account. That cost would just add to the eBay fees adding fuel to the fire. What little I do have to sell it will be on this site or CL.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:26 AM