Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sacramento area teeners sound off!!!!!!, Looking for like minded ... well, freaks
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I have been noticing more and more guys on here from Sacramento CA. Several of us have known each other for a while but it is always good to have new friends and resourses. Like I said in another post, we could have a BBQ at my house.
So Roll Call for Sacramento area teeners.

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
McMark
post Sep 5 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Does Napa count? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 5 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,529

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif) Your house our mine! I have a huge deck and a big bbq.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Apex killer!

McMark, I would normally call Napa a North Bay area teener but if you bring your wide band and do a tech session we could count you in. Besides, I remember you tuning at Charles Shultz earlier this year. You didn't even get to run. That has to be just plain good people.

PorscheCB, what year and model do you have? I am over in Fair Oaks so we can't be far apart.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Sep 5 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Will ya invite "The Andante"?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 5 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Sep 5 2005, 12:12 PM)
I have been noticing more and more guys on here from Sacramento CA. Several of us have known each other for a while but it is always good to have new friends and resourses. Like I said in another post, we could have a BBQ at my house.
So Roll Call for Sacramento area teeners.

Rob

75 1.8 Look at my posts and you will see pic's. I live near Fair Oaks Blvd. and El Camino.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Apex killer!

Ha Mike... Funny guy. Martin Baker and I had a good laugh about his tirade yesterday. He fabricated some of his "cut and paste" of our emails, he changed up the dates to make it look better for him. Basically, his feedback speaks for itself. He has scads of negative and when it isn't negative its often neutral or withdrawn negative. Sadly, he is clearly articulate. But some of his email to me really broke down into unintelligible rants.
Basically, I won an auction. I sent him a cashiers check direct from my bank USAA which is local to him in San Antonio, he cashed it and then ignored about three weeks of emails. He then contacted me about an ad I had in the classified section here for SS heat exchangers. He apparently didn't realize that I was the same guy. I thanked him for his offer to sell SS heat exchangers but declined since I already had an issue with him regarding an internet sale. The rest is history. I saved the emails for my own entertainment. He calls my cashiers check payment illegal, rants about how I am going to get kicked off of Ebay. It took me weeks to get him to focus on the fact that he had been paid and I needed my lug bolts now. It took a dispute filing to get him to send them and even then, he sent 15 instead of 16 and continued his tirade for about 5 days. He gave me a confirmation number from USPS then didn't actually ship for a couple days. Apparently has a USPS account.
Actually, I doubt that he has a 914. He sells these lug bolts for many different kind of cars and doesn't seem to post anything but ads for bolts and such on several car sites.
If he showed up in Sacramento he would be welcome at the BBQ. Doubt he would though. How about you? Did you ever get your ass kicked by the guy who lives on a sailboat? Wasn't he coming for you?

Rob
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Sep 5 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #8

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Engineer=wimp...... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Apex killer!

porschecb,
I did the search. Nice car. It looks to be lowered a bit. Is that a dark grey? Mine is silver grey. No rear spoiler. I like the empi's but I like Minilites much better. I am in the process of backdating my bumpers right now. I have a perfect rechomed rear bumper sitting in the back of my 4Runner. The front wasn't up to the rechromers standards so it will be in the shop for another week. I had him repair it well enough so I can lose the tits on the front.

Rob
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 5 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #10

AS of now Looks like it won't be real big bbq. But hey we can hope. It is Labor day however. Lets wait and see. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #11

Apex killer!

Michael,
Actually, I was thinking we could do the BBQ the day of the Silver Star Swap meet. Lots of guys in town for that.
Rob
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 5 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #12

Ok? How many people can you handle? I can do maybe 20 people. parking is a problem as I live on a private dead end road. BYOB / BYOQ! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/alfred.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #13

Apex killer!

Michael,
Actually your house would be better than mine right now. My house was just remodeled and the furniture is still sitting on the deck of the house under tarps while the floor covering contractor does his thing and as of now, it looks like he will be coming to measure next week some time. I would guess two to three weeks after that before I have anything on the floors in my house.
My house will handle a lot more, parking would also be a problem as I live on a private road. I have room for maybe 8 teeners in my driveway. Unfortunately guys don't drive the teener to the swap meet.
Anyway, if your up for it. I think we should make a plan for a BBQ after the Silver Star Swap Meet at your house. I will help with anything you need. I can bring beer and Q. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif) Least I can do since it was my idea and I volunteered your house! Sound good?

Rob
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #14

Apex killer!

QUOTE (porschecb @ Sep 5 2005, 04:25 PM)
Ok? How many people can you handle? I can do maybe 20 people. parking is a problem as I live on a private dead end road. BYOB / BYOQ! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/alfred.gif)

Actually, I wouldn't think that it would be over 20. Maybe 10 -15 tops.
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Sep 5 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 4,634

QUOTE (porschecb @ Sep 5 2005, 12:57 PM)
75 1.8 Look at my posts and you will see pic's. I live near Fair Oaks Blvd. and El Camino.

I live very close to you, near Manzanita and Winding Way(There is a nice fruit stand at Winding and Hackberry) Office is in Sacto. I could probably get the wife to throw down with some Texas Ribs, though I would be stunned if she deigned to attend. When is this SS Swap meet?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #16

Apex killer!

Tobra,
Thanks for the holla! The Silver Star Swap meet is in Rancho Cordova on the 18th I believe. Swap meet in the AM, Teener BBQ in the PM? I drive right by Winding Way and Manzanita on my way to and from the sweat shop... Not in the teener though.
Rob
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 5 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Sep 5 2005, 05:23 PM)
Tobra,
Thanks for the holla! The Silver Star Swap meet is in Rancho Cordova on the 18th I believe. Swap meet in the AM, Teener BBQ in the PM? I drive right by Winding Way and Manzanita on my way to and from the sweat shop... Not in the teener though.
Rob

OK! Here is the deal: 1:00 to 5:00. PM RSVP! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 5 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #18

Apex killer!

Sounds like a plan....

I am in.

I know of two other teeners that will show up for this. John Lafluer another local 6cylinder guy. Martin Baker will want to catch a bit of it but he will have to leave for work so he can be there by three. I imagine other North Bay teeners will want to come as well. McMark? You game? Trekkor?

We will have to get this into the events section somehow. Admin dudes?

Rob
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Sep 5 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #19

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413

Rob, thanks for the invite. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)

I may actually make this one (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/chowtime.gif)

KT
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 5 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,504

I am off on the 18th, due to a schedule change...not sure if I am going to sell yet at the swap...but I would like to attend the Feast...I met allot of folks last year at the Sac swap, so it was worth going.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:27 PM