Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear wheel camber, ride height, etc.
ninefourteener
post Feb 23 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Good morning.

I've begun researching installing a shorter spring (which may mean heavier load - not sure) in the rear of the 914. I've never been happy with the way it sits up "higher" that I think it should.

Not looking to fork over $$$ for coilovers...... just a shorter spring.

I'm running 205s on all 4 corners, and there is VERY little clearance in the rear between the tire and the outside fender.

I remember when I installed drop springs on the Acura, The front tires were fine, but the rear camber kinda "kicked out" a bit..... caused the inside edge of the rear tires to wear unevenly.

What should I expect? Uneven tire wear? Negative camber? Positive camber? No change at all?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Jeroen
post Feb 23 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

if you lower it, you'll end up with more neg camber and more toe in (not 100% sure on the toe)

not a big deal, just have the car realigned with the new springs (both toe and camber can be adjusted)
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Feb 23 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #3

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

I'm only looking at going about 1 inch lower...... just enough to balance out the back with the front...... I don't really want a "lowered" 914.

In fact, I'm thinking about just having the current springs cut.

I went 2 inches with the Acura on all 4 corners..... I'm only going 1 inch onm the 914, and just in the back.

Still think a realignment will be necessary... with only a slight drop? Will it effect it that much?
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Feb 23 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

NEVER NEVER NEVER cut springs to lower a car. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/spank.gif)

Stiffer springs are normally shorter and will lower the car without the risk of bottoming out the suspension and ruining a good shock absorber.

If you don't want a lowered 914 but want the rear to match the front ..... RAISE the front!!!!!
Then get it aligned. a good alignment is he best perfromance gain you can make to a 914.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:16 AM