Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear wheel camber, ride height, etc.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Good morning.

I've begun researching installing a shorter spring (which may mean heavier load - not sure) in the rear of the 914. I've never been happy with the way it sits up "higher" that I think it should.

Not looking to fork over $$$ for coilovers...... just a shorter spring.

I'm running 205s on all 4 corners, and there is VERY little clearance in the rear between the tire and the outside fender.

I remember when I installed drop springs on the Acura, The front tires were fine, but the rear camber kinda "kicked out" a bit..... caused the inside edge of the rear tires to wear unevenly.

What should I expect? Uneven tire wear? Negative camber? Positive camber? No change at all?

Thanks!
Jeroen
if you lower it, you'll end up with more neg camber and more toe in (not 100% sure on the toe)

not a big deal, just have the car realigned with the new springs (both toe and camber can be adjusted)
ninefourteener
I'm only looking at going about 1 inch lower...... just enough to balance out the back with the front...... I don't really want a "lowered" 914.

In fact, I'm thinking about just having the current springs cut.

I went 2 inches with the Acura on all 4 corners..... I'm only going 1 inch onm the 914, and just in the back.

Still think a realignment will be necessary... with only a slight drop? Will it effect it that much?
Joe Ricard
NEVER NEVER NEVER cut springs to lower a car. spank.gif

Stiffer springs are normally shorter and will lower the car without the risk of bottoming out the suspension and ruining a good shock absorber.

If you don't want a lowered 914 but want the rear to match the front ..... RAISE the front!!!!!
Then get it aligned. a good alignment is he best perfromance gain you can make to a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.