Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear wheel camber, ride height, etc.
ninefourteener
post Feb 23 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Good morning.

I've begun researching installing a shorter spring (which may mean heavier load - not sure) in the rear of the 914. I've never been happy with the way it sits up "higher" that I think it should.

Not looking to fork over $$$ for coilovers...... just a shorter spring.

I'm running 205s on all 4 corners, and there is VERY little clearance in the rear between the tire and the outside fender.

I remember when I installed drop springs on the Acura, The front tires were fine, but the rear camber kinda "kicked out" a bit..... caused the inside edge of the rear tires to wear unevenly.

What should I expect? Uneven tire wear? Negative camber? Positive camber? No change at all?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   Rear wheel camber, ride height, etc.   Feb 23 2006, 08:44 AM
Jeroen   if you lower it, you'll end up with more neg c...   Feb 23 2006, 08:57 AM
ninefourteener   I'm only looking at going about 1 inch lower.....   Feb 23 2006, 02:30 PM
Joe Ricard   NEVER NEVER NEVER cut springs to lower a car.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 07:01 AM