Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Canadian Por’Volks Festivial, Needs help or it dies
Mark Henry
post May 9 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I’ve got no problem hosting the show, but I just don’t have the time or energy to run the whole show by myself.
We need fresh blood.

I need someone to take over the show, I think I have a volunteer for these duties, but I’ve not heard back since he said he’ll do it. They must over see the show, provide proof (required) of event insurance, promote, seek sponsorship, arrange for food (I can get the food wholesale locally and delivered), arrange the event judging, trophies and any/all the other duties as required.

I need someone to update the show web page and one or more persons to go to the other VW/Porsche shows and hand out flyers and seek sponsorship.

We need 2 people to run the food…but I could get the lions club in, we just wouldn’t make anything off of the food.

We need several volunteers to judge and/or help with parking, etc.

We have saved many of last years signs, but some more will be needed.

As long as the proper insurance is in place, I also have no problem offering camping for the event.

Mike’s 914 has said that they will help in some fashion.

On the day of the show I can get at least ½ of last years volunteers back.
I can also get the PA system, DJ and I have no problem MC’ing the event if someone writes me a bit of a script. Porta potties, cost $180 last year, I can arrange this from the same company again.

Last years show cost me $1500 to put on and we made $1000 from admission and food sales. Yes, we lost money, but not too bad for a first year. I think the show could make money most years, to be put back into an even better show for the next year.

I would like $400 “rent” from the show for gas ($75-$100) to cut the fields and for a couple of loads of gravel/soil each year to improve the grounds. I feel this is not too much to ask for, yes the gravel or soil does “improve” my property (the back 40), but it’s all going in areas that I wouldn’t have improved (or cut) if not for the show. My time and labour is free, but I feel I shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Like I said, I have no problem hosting and helping for a successful show, BUT it has to have someone else (or a committee) to do the actual show.
If it dies, it dies… although I think it could be made into a great summer show.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 14)
turbo914v8
post May 9 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 952

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 9 2006, 11:18 AM) *

I’ve got no problem hosting the show, but I just don’t have the time or energy to run the whole show by myself.
We need fresh blood.

I need someone to take over the show, I think I have a volunteer for these duties, but I’ve not heard back since he said he’ll do it. They must over see the show, provide proof (required) of event insurance, promote, seek sponsorship, arrange for food (I can get the food wholesale locally and delivered), arrange the event judging, trophies and any/all the other duties as required.

I need someone to update the show web page and one or more persons to go to the other VW/Porsche shows and hand out flyers and seek sponsorship.

We need 2 people to run the food…but I could get the lions club in, we just wouldn’t make anything off of the food.

We need several volunteers to judge and/or help with parking, etc.

We have saved many of last years signs, but some more will be needed.

As long as the proper insurance is in place, I also have no problem offering camping for the event.

Mike’s 914 has said that they will help in some fashion.

On the day of the show I can get at least ½ of last years volunteers back.
I can also get the PA system, DJ and I have no problem MC’ing the event if someone writes me a bit of a script. Porta potties, cost $180 last year, I can arrange this from the same company again.

Last years show cost me $1500 to put on and we made $1000 from admission and food sales. Yes, we lost money, but not too bad for a first year. I think the show could make money most years, to be put back into an even better show for the next year.

I would like $400 “rent” from the show for gas ($75-$100) to cut the fields and for a couple of loads of gravel/soil each year to improve the grounds. I feel this is not too much to ask for, yes the gravel or soil does “improve” my property (the back 40), but it’s all going in areas that I wouldn’t have improved (or cut) if not for the show. My time and labour is free, but I feel I shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Like I said, I have no problem hosting and helping for a successful show, BUT it has to have someone else (or a committee) to do the actual show.
If it dies, it dies… although I think it could be made into a great summer show.

Well I came to the show last year and enjoyed every minute of it. I thought it was a good show and it would be a shame to see it die. I am always jealous of all the neat and fun events the 914 owners in the states have. They always seem to be having some kind of cool get together, cook out, show. I guess what I am trying to say is that I don’t want to see the show die, but like most people I am not sure how much I can help out, but I am willing to try. Are you?
+Quote Post
davep
post May 9 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #3

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

I should be there again this year. I can judge again, or you can choose to rotate that position. Let me know where you think I can help. Do we have a date? Can we update the link in your signature to the 2006 event? Can we have a Festival page on your website for 2006?
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 9 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #4

that's what I do!

Dave, the site should be back up in a couple of days, I'll give the code to whoever wants to update the page. My bad...I didn't renew my domain on time, the site is paid till next spring. Thanks for helping last year and as long as we're on for this year we will find you a job.

Paul, I want to pick your brain on turbo's sometime...I'll PM you in a couple of weeks.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 9 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Is this show only for 914s? Or for all Porsche and VW? If the latter, I can forward this to my VW friends here. They can get the word out to MANY people.
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 9 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 9 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Dave, the site should be back up in a couple of days, I'll give the code to whoever wants to update the page. My bad...I didn't renew my domain on time, the site is paid till next spring. Thanks for helping last year and as long as we're on for this year we will find you a job.

Paul, I want to pick your brain on turbo's sometime...I'll PM you in a couple of weeks.

You vulture! Lol. Its all good, not a problem look forward to corresponding with you.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 9 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #7

that's what I do!

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 9 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Is this show only for 914s? Or for all Porsche and VW? If the latter, I can forward this to my VW friends here. They can get the word out to MANY people.

It was an all VAG show, VW (air and watercooled), Audi and Porsche.

Paul... I'll buy the beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 9 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Alright, I will see what I can do for ya'll. Where do I find the info to send to my friends? Date, time, cost, etc. I would love to go to CA and meet you guys, too.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 9 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #9

that's what I do!

I hope to have the site back up tommorow or the next day, I believe it was around aug 19th last year.

Dr. evil if you do come plan a holiday I'm in the heart of some great fishing, hiking, etc.
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post May 9 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #10

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

Kunuck,Vo-PO Show?

I still like this name better, Mark.

John (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 18 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #11

that's what I do!

This needs a bump...things don't look good.
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 18 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2006, 10:56 AM) *

This needs a bump...things don't look good.

You're on for the beer, however I must warn you I am only good for about 3 then I am done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

So you better get all the information out of me before we start drinking.

I have rounded up 3 volunteers to help out. What else can I do? Suggestions? What do you need?
+Quote Post
IanStott
post May 19 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,199

Hey Mark! I was at the show last year and was recognized for having travelled the farthest to get to it!! I will come again if it going to happen, I'm too far to away to offer any assistance but at least I will guarantee I am coming and will even pay my entry in advance if that helps, that way you will have the money whether I show up or not.

Ian Stott
Moncton
+Quote Post
aveale
post May 19 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #14

Fun Times

Member No.: 2,563

i too will support as best as i can.

could not make it last year because of a newborn!

T
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 19 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #15

that's what I do!

Things are looking up!

I can't go into detail or answer emails right now as I'm quite busy with a 2.6L monster today...I'll post more tonight or tomorrow.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:41 AM