Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Canadian Por’Volks Festivial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry

I’ve got no problem hosting the show, but I just don’t have the time or energy to run the whole show by myself.
We need fresh blood.

I need someone to take over the show, I think I have a volunteer for these duties, but I’ve not heard back since he said he’ll do it. They must over see the show, provide proof (required) of event insurance, promote, seek sponsorship, arrange for food (I can get the food wholesale locally and delivered), arrange the event judging, trophies and any/all the other duties as required.

I need someone to update the show web page and one or more persons to go to the other VW/Porsche shows and hand out flyers and seek sponsorship.

We need 2 people to run the food…but I could get the lions club in, we just wouldn’t make anything off of the food.

We need several volunteers to judge and/or help with parking, etc.

We have saved many of last years signs, but some more will be needed.

As long as the proper insurance is in place, I also have no problem offering camping for the event.

Mike’s 914 has said that they will help in some fashion.

On the day of the show I can get at least ½ of last years volunteers back.
I can also get the PA system, DJ and I have no problem MC’ing the event if someone writes me a bit of a script. Porta potties, cost $180 last year, I can arrange this from the same company again.

Last years show cost me $1500 to put on and we made $1000 from admission and food sales. Yes, we lost money, but not too bad for a first year. I think the show could make money most years, to be put back into an even better show for the next year.

I would like $400 “rent” from the show for gas ($75-$100) to cut the fields and for a couple of loads of gravel/soil each year to improve the grounds. I feel this is not too much to ask for, yes the gravel or soil does “improve” my property (the back 40), but it’s all going in areas that I wouldn’t have improved (or cut) if not for the show. My time and labour is free, but I feel I shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Like I said, I have no problem hosting and helping for a successful show, BUT it has to have someone else (or a committee) to do the actual show.
If it dies, it dies… although I think it could be made into a great summer show.

turbo914v8
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 9 2006, 11:18 AM) *

I’ve got no problem hosting the show, but I just don’t have the time or energy to run the whole show by myself.
We need fresh blood.

I need someone to take over the show, I think I have a volunteer for these duties, but I’ve not heard back since he said he’ll do it. They must over see the show, provide proof (required) of event insurance, promote, seek sponsorship, arrange for food (I can get the food wholesale locally and delivered), arrange the event judging, trophies and any/all the other duties as required.

I need someone to update the show web page and one or more persons to go to the other VW/Porsche shows and hand out flyers and seek sponsorship.

We need 2 people to run the food…but I could get the lions club in, we just wouldn’t make anything off of the food.

We need several volunteers to judge and/or help with parking, etc.

We have saved many of last years signs, but some more will be needed.

As long as the proper insurance is in place, I also have no problem offering camping for the event.

Mike’s 914 has said that they will help in some fashion.

On the day of the show I can get at least ½ of last years volunteers back.
I can also get the PA system, DJ and I have no problem MC’ing the event if someone writes me a bit of a script. Porta potties, cost $180 last year, I can arrange this from the same company again.

Last years show cost me $1500 to put on and we made $1000 from admission and food sales. Yes, we lost money, but not too bad for a first year. I think the show could make money most years, to be put back into an even better show for the next year.

I would like $400 “rent” from the show for gas ($75-$100) to cut the fields and for a couple of loads of gravel/soil each year to improve the grounds. I feel this is not too much to ask for, yes the gravel or soil does “improve” my property (the back 40), but it’s all going in areas that I wouldn’t have improved (or cut) if not for the show. My time and labour is free, but I feel I shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Like I said, I have no problem hosting and helping for a successful show, BUT it has to have someone else (or a committee) to do the actual show.
If it dies, it dies… although I think it could be made into a great summer show.

Well I came to the show last year and enjoyed every minute of it. I thought it was a good show and it would be a shame to see it die. I am always jealous of all the neat and fun events the 914 owners in the states have. They always seem to be having some kind of cool get together, cook out, show. I guess what I am trying to say is that I don’t want to see the show die, but like most people I am not sure how much I can help out, but I am willing to try. Are you?
davep
I should be there again this year. I can judge again, or you can choose to rotate that position. Let me know where you think I can help. Do we have a date? Can we update the link in your signature to the 2006 event? Can we have a Festival page on your website for 2006?
Mark Henry
Dave, the site should be back up in a couple of days, I'll give the code to whoever wants to update the page. My bad...I didn't renew my domain on time, the site is paid till next spring. Thanks for helping last year and as long as we're on for this year we will find you a job.

Paul, I want to pick your brain on turbo's sometime...I'll PM you in a couple of weeks.
Dr Evil
Is this show only for 914s? Or for all Porsche and VW? If the latter, I can forward this to my VW friends here. They can get the word out to MANY people.
turbo914v8
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 9 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Dave, the site should be back up in a couple of days, I'll give the code to whoever wants to update the page. My bad...I didn't renew my domain on time, the site is paid till next spring. Thanks for helping last year and as long as we're on for this year we will find you a job.

Paul, I want to pick your brain on turbo's sometime...I'll PM you in a couple of weeks.

You vulture! Lol. Its all good, not a problem look forward to corresponding with you.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 9 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Is this show only for 914s? Or for all Porsche and VW? If the latter, I can forward this to my VW friends here. They can get the word out to MANY people.

It was an all VAG show, VW (air and watercooled), Audi and Porsche.

Paul... I'll buy the beer beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Alright, I will see what I can do for ya'll. Where do I find the info to send to my friends? Date, time, cost, etc. I would love to go to CA and meet you guys, too.
Mark Henry
I hope to have the site back up tommorow or the next day, I believe it was around aug 19th last year.

Dr. evil if you do come plan a holiday I'm in the heart of some great fishing, hiking, etc.
Flat VW
Kunuck,Vo-PO Show?

I still like this name better, Mark.

John wavey.gif
Mark Henry
This needs a bump...things don't look good.
turbo914v8
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2006, 10:56 AM) *

This needs a bump...things don't look good.

You're on for the beer, however I must warn you I am only good for about 3 then I am done. drunk.gif

So you better get all the information out of me before we start drinking.

I have rounded up 3 volunteers to help out. What else can I do? Suggestions? What do you need?
IanStott
Hey Mark! I was at the show last year and was recognized for having travelled the farthest to get to it!! I will come again if it going to happen, I'm too far to away to offer any assistance but at least I will guarantee I am coming and will even pay my entry in advance if that helps, that way you will have the money whether I show up or not.

Ian Stott
Moncton
aveale
i too will support as best as i can.

could not make it last year because of a newborn!

T
Mark Henry
Things are looking up!

I can't go into detail or answer emails right now as I'm quite busy with a 2.6L monster today...I'll post more tonight or tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.