Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Canadian Por’Volks Festivial, Needs help or it dies
Mark Henry
post May 9 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I’ve got no problem hosting the show, but I just don’t have the time or energy to run the whole show by myself.
We need fresh blood.

I need someone to take over the show, I think I have a volunteer for these duties, but I’ve not heard back since he said he’ll do it. They must over see the show, provide proof (required) of event insurance, promote, seek sponsorship, arrange for food (I can get the food wholesale locally and delivered), arrange the event judging, trophies and any/all the other duties as required.

I need someone to update the show web page and one or more persons to go to the other VW/Porsche shows and hand out flyers and seek sponsorship.

We need 2 people to run the food…but I could get the lions club in, we just wouldn’t make anything off of the food.

We need several volunteers to judge and/or help with parking, etc.

We have saved many of last years signs, but some more will be needed.

As long as the proper insurance is in place, I also have no problem offering camping for the event.

Mike’s 914 has said that they will help in some fashion.

On the day of the show I can get at least ½ of last years volunteers back.
I can also get the PA system, DJ and I have no problem MC’ing the event if someone writes me a bit of a script. Porta potties, cost $180 last year, I can arrange this from the same company again.

Last years show cost me $1500 to put on and we made $1000 from admission and food sales. Yes, we lost money, but not too bad for a first year. I think the show could make money most years, to be put back into an even better show for the next year.

I would like $400 “rent” from the show for gas ($75-$100) to cut the fields and for a couple of loads of gravel/soil each year to improve the grounds. I feel this is not too much to ask for, yes the gravel or soil does “improve” my property (the back 40), but it’s all going in areas that I wouldn’t have improved (or cut) if not for the show. My time and labour is free, but I feel I shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Like I said, I have no problem hosting and helping for a successful show, BUT it has to have someone else (or a committee) to do the actual show.
If it dies, it dies… although I think it could be made into a great summer show.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mark Henry   The Canadian Por’Volks Festivial   May 9 2006, 12:18 PM
turbo914v8  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:19 PM