Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - Qarl......your not the only one, jag
GWN7
post Nov 16 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

11-16-2006, in Memphis, Tennessee:

Quote:
About 20 minutes ago, we had a 2005 Jaguar XJ8 (about $70,000) fall off a lift. Tech (not ME, btw) was lowering the car after finishing a service and the lift leg slipped out from underneath. I was standing in front of the car, I never ran so fast in my life!

Quote:
That's exactly what happened. These lifts are older than I am, when he started to lower the lift, the right side dropped a few inches before the left side moved and the pad popped out from under the car. I watched the car teater for about a second before it came down. The owner of the dealership has already called the customer, kinda laughed about it, actually. Wouldn't you if you were getting a new car, free?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
snflupigus
post Nov 16 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,163
Region Association: None

its impossible to get anyone to service those old lifts. we had them at our old shop and nobody would service them so we had to put in the 2post lifts which are relatively cheap at around 2k.
+Quote Post
messix
post Nov 17 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #3

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

one of the gm dealers that my dad worked at had about three cars [2 new corvettes and a new truck] fall off the lifts in one year. two fell over night. and one while tech was working on it, he got out of the way.
new lifts were installed during the next year.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:37 AM