Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stablizer adjustment
turtleturtle
post Dec 29 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,074

How should the stablizer be adjusted? I can't believe I have never noticed this before but the driver side looks like this:

(IMG:http://www.carsnrides.com/Data//GalleryPhotos//1593-passenger%20side%20stablizer.jpg)

While the passenger side looks like this:

(IMG:http://www.carsnrides.com/Data//GalleryPhotos//1593-driver%20side%20stablizer.jpg)

Is this right because it's doesn't look right at all. Also, what happens when you adjust the stablizer?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 8)
turtleturtle
post Dec 29 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Anyone? I have the tires off and ready to fix if I need to.
+Quote Post
orange914
post Dec 29 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

that would effect the cornering. its varied depending on what turning direction you want to stiffen up more. i've got no real hands on experiance like alot of the guys here so i'm sure you'll get much better advice from another source, but i'd say for nice street driving to set them both out to the same far holes giving an even but not too stiff ride/handling charicteristics

mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Dec 29 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #4

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818

by the way it looks like its been that way a long time. how different did one side feel than the other over bumps? it also doesnt look like any stock bar arms i've seen either, they arent adjustable
Attached Image

mike
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 29 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #5

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

- if the rear end of the car feels loose (oversteer) move both sides towards the end of the car.

- if the front of the car feels loose (understeer) move both sides towards the front of the car.

right now, i'd set them both in the middle and do some tight turn driving in a empty parkinglot to determine how the car handles and then go from there ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
turtleturtle
post Dec 29 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 29 2007, 04:48 PM) *

- if the rear end of the car feels loose (oversteer) move both sides towards the end of the car.

- if the front of the car feels loose (understeer) move both sides towards the front of the car.

right now, i'd set them both in the middle and do some tight turn driving in a empty parkinglot to determine how the car handles and then go from there ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Andy

Thanks, will do tomorrow. The driver side seems to get loose more often then the passenger side while doing tight turns, so I will be putting both one hole 3 and test it out.

Will be back tomorrow with results. It's dark out so can't do it now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Dec 29 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #7

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

The driver side seems to get loose more often then the passenger side while doing tight turns

I think of "loose" meaning one END or the other.... If you push corners hard enough for something to give, understeer plows and the front tires scrub instead of tightly turning the car into the corner. Oversteer brings the back and around and you have to steer into it (opposite) to bring the skid back under control. Different paradigm, as one SIDE of the car cannot slide faster than the other.

What do you mean by one side feeling loose? You mean you can take right turns harder than left before the car slides?
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Dec 29 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #8

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looks like you have the old H&H Carrera sway bars, set then both the same and play around to find out what feels best.
+Quote Post
Brian_Boss
post Dec 29 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 781

Just thought I would clarify something the other responses alluded to. The sway bar does not affect one side differently from the other. Basically, it is the total length of the levers that matters. Normally, you would set them to the same position or maybe one step apart to fine tune.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:19 AM