Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is this Side Shift 914 Transmission Worth?, Value of core Trans. #914/11HA0051792?? (photo)
TJB/914
post May 22 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Mid-Engn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi Guys,

A local has a spare 914 Transmission he wants to sell me with serial # 914/HA0051792. I checked the serial # & it shows to be out of a 1972, but it clearly is a side shifter?? What should I offer him to take it off his hands. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) He said it came out of a working 914 he was going to put in a sand buggy. I assume it should be considered a core transmission of questionable condition? I don't need one, but you never know.

What should I offer $$??? High & Low Value??

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
Demick
post May 22 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

Is it really sitting flat upright on a concrete floor? If so, somethings wrong. The input shaft should protrude close to an inch beyond the end surface of the transaxle.
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 22 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

It's clearly a side shifter. Value? Good question. I can't wait to find out the answer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) My $.02? Taking into account inflation, coupla hundred bucks?
+Quote Post
kart54
post May 22 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,520

I paid $50.00 for my last one in the same condition. I would think $50 to $150 would be reasonable depending on the exterior condition and the input shaft as mentioned above.
Kart54
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 22 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Thomas,
It has a negative value. The guy owes you just about what it would cost to ship it to me. Let me know the tracking numbers when you get them! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 22 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #6

Mid-Engn.

Thanks Guys,

Looks like the answer is low $50.00 to high $150.00 bucks. Shipping iron across the U.S.A. is about $150 bucks so net value -$0 for resale.

Lesson learned stay away from heavy parts & concentrate on small high buck items, like rear fog lights (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) right Eric.

Tom
+Quote Post
LvSteveH
post May 22 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #7

I put the Poor in Porsche

Member No.: 600

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 22 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks Guys,

Looks like the answer is low $50.00 to high $150.00 bucks. Shipping iron across the U.S.A. is about $150 bucks so net value -$0 for resale.

Lesson learned stay away from heavy parts & concentrate on small high buck items, like rear fog lights (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) right Eric.

Tom

Unless of course it has a really nice 1st/reverse slider, which would ship in a flat rate box for a few dollars and sell for an easy $200. Then sell nice dogteeth for $40 each, etc.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 22 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ May 22 2008, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 22 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks Guys,

Tom

Unless of course it has a really nice 1st/reverse slider, which would ship in a flat rate box for a few dollars and sell for an easy $200. Then sell nice dogteeth for $40 each, etc.

So now I have to dis-assemble the trans check parts for condition, keep the good stuff & throw away the junk to make a few bucks. Now I am in competition with Dr. D & I don't want to go there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Looked like a good idea until you find the devil in the details. This parts business is not for me, no wonder Geo. @ AA is crabby. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Tom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:32 AM