Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> windshield wiper rebuild
biggy72
post Nov 2 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,418
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Does anyone sell a kit to rebuild the windshield wipers? My wipers work, but they are really sloppy. I looked around and searched on here but I didn't see anything anywhere.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
914Sixer
post Nov 2 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

The first thing you need to check is to see if the wave washer is under the black nut cap. This keeps tension on the wiper arm. Unbolt the arms. Are the arms mounting holes okay? Are the pivots worn out on the wiper rack(are there ridges all the way around)? If so replace wiper rack.
+Quote Post
Joe Owensby
post Nov 2 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #3

JoeO

Member No.: 5,385
Region Association: South East States

I just bought a brush holder and brushes for my wiper motor from Automobile Atlanta. Regarding service from them, I called the order in for these along with a bunch of other items on Wednesday, and it was here by Friday. I have always had good service.

I haven't put the brushes in yet. I may need to have the armature turned. I am replacing the carb fuel pump I now have up front with a high pressure pump for a new FI system, so I intend to do the wiper motor upgrade while the tank is out. They also sell armatures for about $65 or so I think. You can disconnect the wiper linkage from the motor while it is still in the car to see if it is binding, as the pervious response said. If the linkage is OK, the motor is weak. JoeO
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 02:13 AM