Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WooHoo. I passed., the best news I have had in a long time
VegasRacer
post Mar 5 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #1

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Part of the requirements to keep my competition racing license is to have a thorough physical every two years. Last week I went in for my exam. The results for my EKG came back as abnormal. The doctor would not sign my medical release form and I had to make an appointment to see a cardiologist.

That exam was today. They have a treadmill and other stress test in the office.
For me, just having to go was more than stress enough.

I passed with flying colors. What a BIG relief. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
campbellcj
post Mar 5 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #2

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Congrats...as I approach the big four-oh, these kinda things cross my mind a bit more often. I 'spose I should go in for a physical one of these years.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Mar 5 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 391

Not sure about PCA and POC but VARA and HSR both require exams every two years and when you get to 60 they make it every year!!!!
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Mar 5 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #4

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

POC exams start at 40...
+Quote Post
Rgreen914
post Mar 6 2004, 02:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,266

Last year, I was having these weird feelings while working out at the gym; sort of like a "gasp", or a "hiccup" while riding a recumbent bike (bad knees prevent my riding a stationary bike). Went to a cardiologist and he set me up for a "stress test," of sorts. Since my knees also prevent my using a treadmill for stressing, they had me on gurney, shot me with some drug to induce a "stressed" state (felt very warm all-over)and then did the EKG. Normal results did not end the testing and an angiogram was soon scheduled. This time the hospital staff gave me a tylenol and an antibiotic before going into an operating room; not nearly the drug-induced state I had been (mis-) lead into believing I would experience. Once inside the o.r., they literally shove a large diameter needle into your femoral artery, in your thigh, near your groin...VERY unpleasant procedure! Then they inject a dye into your artery and watch it progress through your heart on a tv screen above the operating table. Suddenly, the cardiologist asks me "why are you in here?" Now I'm freaked...HE's the doc and he's asking ME why I'm here!!! I figure, now I'm in deep bandini, until he adds, "there's nothing wrong with your heart!" RELIEF...at least until a nurse tells me, "you're not going to like me now" as he removes the abovementioned needle from my thigh! Removal of this needle was twice as uncomfortable as inserting it! I guess the end result was worth the discomfort! And I do mean DISCOMFORT!
+Quote Post
BarberDave
post Mar 6 2004, 03:23 AM
Post #6

Barberdave

Member No.: 135
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Hi: i am 65, last month i awoke at 3;00 A.M. with ( what i belived to be Chest pains) AKA Heart attack.
Went to E.R., 35 Hrs later and every test known to man. IT WAS , Indigestion , . but they just can't let you go home with out something to worry about. So he said he saw ,MINOR IRREGULARITIES, NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT,AND EXERCISE !!!!! Ok i can do that,
I guess it could have been much worse. Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Mar 6 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #7

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

you have to know we're dealling with a 'momentum' vehicle (i.e. - underpowered...) when we think it's news that anybody passed anything !

glad you're okay!

---rich
(trying to get into shape for the AX/DE season...)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 6 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

wait until you turn 50. there are some real nice proceedures in your future (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) . i thought maybe you were refering to smog testing the car in the topic title.

kevin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 03:48 AM