Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Detailing - Do's & Don'ts, Nor necessarily for CW cars, but it won't hurt!
Pat Garvey
post Mar 16 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

If this thread is large enough, I'll nail it.

Let's here your witches brew for making your beast "acceptable" to the public, or just acceptable to you.

Warning to all - there will be no personal slams (including towards me - well OK I can take it!) because of selected methods or products. Snakeoil products welcomed.

Go for it - who wants to be first?
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tod914
post Mar 19 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Pat, here's the trick to using the ps21 cleaner and wax. have 2 two soft cotton t-shirts or what ever you use ready. 1 to apply and the other to wipe off/buff with.
you work in a very small area at a time. maybe 1 1/2 ft square or less. put a small amount of the cleaner or wax on the tshirt, then rub into the area till you get the cleaning effect you like. then immediatly, start to buff with the other shirt before it has a chance to dry. this will prevent any type of streaking. waxing is the same, but i use the foam applicator. John and Ray Patterak had a concours seminar on this a few years back. was fortunate enough to be there. got alot of good info from them.
I would think you would get great results with any wax doing it their way.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:58 AM