Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> will these fit?
kojo2001
post Apr 12 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,832

will these work what do you guys think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...923717&rd=1

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Gint
post Apr 12 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Got a tape measure?
+Quote Post
kojo2001
post Apr 12 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 12 2008, 01:27 PM) *

Got a tape measure?

Yah I do but car is in the shop! Thats why I asked for help. But thanks for the helpful responce (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 13 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(kojo2001 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Got a tape measure?
Yah I do but car is in the shop! Thats why I asked for help. But thanks for the helpful responce (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

While I'll admit to being a smartass, I don't know how I could have been more helpful short of measuring myself. And I have no idea if your 914 is in the shop or not. The fact is, the best way to know if they will fit is to measure. The ebay ad even includes a fairly complete set of seat measurements. You're in California right? I hear there's a 914 on every block there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This may not go over well either but you asked for opinions and apparently my first effort wasn't good enough, so I'll try it again.

You get what you pay for. Decent seats generally go for $500+ each and these are $300 each. I know the GTS seats are quality units. These... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I wouldn't buy 'em sight unseen, but that's just me. The fact is I wouldn't pay good money for any seat that I couldn't see, touch and put my fat ass in before hand. Even the last set of seats that I did get the oppotunity to try first turned out to be not so great. And guess what? They were a little on the cheap side price wise.

Unless you're really short you're probably not going to not like fit of those seats in a 914 unless you're willing to remove the backpad, which is certainly possible. As stated, they won't fit in the back pad seat recesses. They'll probably sit too high also, but without the height of the sliders that's an unknown. You could ask the seller for that measurement.

+Quote Post
kojo2001
post Apr 13 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2008, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(kojo2001 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Got a tape measure?

While I'll admit to being a smartass, I don't know how I could have been more helpful short of measuring myself. And I have no idea if your 914 is in the shop or not. The fact is, the best way to know if they will fit is to measure. The ebay ad even includes a fairly complete set of seat measurements. You're in California right? I hear there's a 914 on every block there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This may not go over well either but you asked for opinions and apparently my first effort wasn't good enough, so I'll try it again.

You get what you pay for. Decent seats generally go for $500+ each and these are $300 each. I know the GTS seats are quality units. These... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I wouldn't buy 'em sight unseen, but that's just me. The fact is I wouldn't pay good money for any seat that I couldn't see, touch and put my fat ass in before hand. Even the last set of seats that I did get the oppotunity to try first turned out to be not so great. And guess what? They were a little on the cheap side price wise.

Unless you're really short you're probably not going to not like fit of those seats in a 914 unless you're willing to remove the backpad, which is certainly possible. As stated, they won't fit in the back pad seat recesses. They'll probably sit too high also, but without the height of the sliders that's an unknown. You could ask the seller for that measurement.

Thanks, I do appreciate your response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I value this forum so much for all the info it has provided me during my twisted road of trying to get my $600 73' back to shape that it should be. This has been a learning expercience due to limited mechanical ability but alot of passion for the car. I'm sure I speak for more than myself that without this forum, it could not have happened. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:48 PM