Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What Does the Light in My Gauge Mean?
silver six
post Mar 21 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

In the far left temp/fuel guage in my six there are three idiot lights (and a blank yellow non-operational light). One light is for oil pressure, one light is for generator/alternator function and the third light I can't figure out. It has a horizontal line crossed by a slash. The owners manual is of no help. What is this thing?

Douglas
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ejm
post Mar 23 2003, 06:32 AM
Post #2

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Group: Members
Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

I know the Beetle system pretty well so I did some research on the Sporto
It is the same system except its a 4 speed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

All of the system components are shown in PET including the control valve, ATF and vacuum reservoirs
and shift linkage for /4 and /6 versions.

What's not shown is the ATF pump for a /4 setup. The Beetle used a dual pump, somewhat like a 911 oil pump. On the Sporto /6 the pump was driven off the end of a camshaft. The /4 would have had to use the Beetle type pump but clearance with the fan housing may have been a problem. Seems I had read somewhere that a /4 Sporto was never produced.

almost on topic content: the autostick beetle had a warning light too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:59 PM