Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> August 4th...last year, "The Howard" left the building., Please post your thoughts and pics
Joe Bob
post Aug 4 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

You can post your thoughts and pics here.

I miss the old guy..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TonyAKAVW
post Aug 4 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #2

That's my ride.

Group: Members
Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

Yesterday a bunch of us met up at the Village Coffee Roaster (one of Howard's favorite places) saw some cars,shot ths shit for a while and then went to Services at Our Lady Of Mulholland in honor of the one year mark of his passing. We had a great time and the only reason this happened was because of Howard and the great drives hosted and led. Howard was there in spirit with us on what will undoubtedly be one of my most memorable drives.

He kept the roads clear of slow moving minivans and sedans, but threw in an absurdely slow woman on a motrcycle (literally doing no more than 15 mph down hill) just to remind us he's there. The weather was perfect, the road conditions excellent, no major mechanical problems and everyone kept the hiny side up. At the Grandstands (a spot where you can sit and watch the cars and bikes go by) there was a group of Fiat X1/9s, Howard definitely had something to do with them being there!

So thanks Howard for getting us guys together to have a great time, and thanks for training your worthy replacement Dekman in the fine art of leading succesful drives on Mulholland.

-Tony

"Howard is my copilot"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 03:41 AM