Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nice Car on Ebay, Looks like a lot of car for the $$$ / bidding ended
greenie
post Aug 24 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,013
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about another teener... just gathering facts on a six conversion.

This car is currently listed, it looks to be a first rate job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280257914205

Even with my free labor I don't think I can build one for the buy it now price they've listed?

Any opinions are appreciated!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
greenie
post Aug 24 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,013

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 24 2008, 07:22 PM) *

I've really got no business critiquing a /6 conversion....but that's never stopped me in the past (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

1st, it's got no heat. That may be ok in the desert, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you tell The General, "oh, by the way......"

2nd, I don't like the oil cooler placement. I really like the look and function of the GT style cooler with the cutout in the bumper. The layout on that car looks to really impact front trunk space, but that may not be a concern to you.

Not real excited about the stance either.

Also, will a car you buy have to meet the standard you set with the green car....even if it isn't finished? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Maybe you should buy it so we can have a Teener Tuesday and pick it apart some more - kinda take the pressure off the green car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Hi Marc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Someone posts multiple pictures of their car on this club, we'll find something wrong ...

I'm just starting to explore a new project, the fun for me is spending the hours in the garage, figuring out all this stuff, making it right.

My question ( it's probably been answered before) can I even get close to $22K building it myself?

By the way... after you guys inspected Greenie she's a POS....Craig said he would give me $2500.00 for her and I was tempted to take it...

+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 24 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #3

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 09:55 PM) *

By the way... after you guys inspected Greenie she's a POS....Craig said he would give me $2500.00 for her and I was tempted to take it...

Oh hell, I'd give you $6K....afterall that's what I offered for a green '73 2.0 on a thread earlier today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)

As for reproducing that build for $23k, I'd guess you could get pretty close without including labor. If you look at the listing, it's a solid, basic restoration/conversion: interior, brakes, suspension, paint, engine. No real frills or fancy bodywork or paint. The most exotic aspect is the 3.2. Some of those items would likely be addressed in your starter car. JMVHO.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 03:58 AM