Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 1975 1.8 A/C Question, Air Conditioning Drive Belt
chcjr
post Sep 19 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,067

My 1975 A/C unit (origionally installed by the dealer) just quit working because the drive belt broke. Could some one please tell me the correct part number so I can buy a new one.

Also, What is the best way to install a new belt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
maf914
post Sep 19 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #2

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Type47's sequence looks pretty good, but you would also have to remove the fan/alternator belt since this is on the outer part of the cooling fan, blocking access past the fan. That said, I am not sure there is enough room between the outer diameter of the cooling fan and the inner diameter of the cooling shroud to work the AC belt past the fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I think you can tell there is not a lot of first hand experience on the board when it comes to 914's with AC systems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
type47
post Sep 19 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 19 2008, 12:11 PM) *

you would also have to remove the fan/alternator belt since this is on the outer part of the cooling fan, blocking access past the fan.

oh yea, i didn't think of that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

there is enough room between the outer diameter of the cooling fan and the inner diameter of the cooling shroud to work the AC belt past the fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I think you can tell there is not a lot of first hand experience on the board when it comes to 914's with AC systems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

true that. i removed the a/c system on my first 914.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:51 AM