Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What Fuel pump.., Any vendors?
ONTHEGRIND
post Nov 20 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,738
Region Association: None

I have read a little about the MSD pump. I have an account with them but I figured I'd ask before I but.. Car is a 1.7 FI i want a pump that can grow with the new engine setup.. I guess my old pump took a crap car just cranks no fuel pump is kicking on I think it time for a new one..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ONTHEGRIND
post Nov 21 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #2

All the fuses are good..

I kinda have a new question I just got a get of delltoro carbs.. They are 45's though which are probably a little bit big for a stock 1971 1.7 I plan on slapping them on with a new set of heads that I am gonna be doing next week.. I just went to HPH in Redwood city and got a new fuel pump which is stock replacement will this pump not work with the carbs or should I see if I can exchange it for a carb pump.. I also plan to wire in a manual fuel pump switch with what ever pump I may use..

Thanks
Dave
+Quote Post
Ericv1
post Nov 21 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,518
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Nov 21 2008, 09:55 PM) *

All the fuses are good..

I kinda have a new question I just got a get of delltoro carbs.. They are 45's though which are probably a little bit big for a stock 1971 1.7 I plan on slapping them on with a new set of heads that I am gonna be doing next week.. I just went to HPH in Redwood city and got a new fuel pump which is stock replacement will this pump not work with the carbs or should I see if I can exchange it for a carb pump.. I also plan to wire in a manual fuel pump switch with what ever pump I may use..

Thanks
Dave

A stock pump for fuel injection is too much pressure for carbs. You'll definately flood the engine and then some. You need a fuel pump for carbs that generates about 4-5psi.
+Quote Post
ONTHEGRIND
post Nov 21 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Nov 21 2008, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Nov 21 2008, 09:55 PM) *

All the fuses are good..

Thanks
Dave

A stock pump for fuel injection is too much pressure for carbs. You'll definately flood the engine and then some. You need a fuel pump for carbs that generates about 4-5psi.

Good to know I am gonna get the brand new stock pump in tommarow get her running and order the cb fuel pump.. Next week the carbs and heads will go on I may be able to toss in a set of elgins bump sticks in. I will have a write up on the cylinder head/carb and manifold porting and coating...

I like to play with the grinder
Some pics of my other project..
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xr8ted/100_1285.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xr8ted/100_1132.jpg)

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:53 PM