Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What brakes can I use?
RiqueMar
post Nov 25 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Ok guys! Time for antoher one of my 'dumb rookie' questions.

What brake calipers are applicable to my 914?

I don't want to use the originals, and I'm turning it into a GT. Any seperate years or models I can use?

Please, endow your knowledge upon me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rfuerst911sc
post Nov 27 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

My 2 cents for what that's worth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have a 75 chassis that I'm converting to a /6 with a 911 3.0 engine. I have converted to 911 front struts 3 inch spacing and running M calipers with 20mm thick vented rotors. In the rear I've converted to 911 5 lug with 911 E-brake and M calipers also with 20mm vented rotors.. I am not running a proportioning valve just a tee. Also installed a 19mm master cylinder and all new brakes lines from the master cylinder to the calipers. I fully expect this setup to whoa just fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) This is basically the same setup I have on my 83SC and I have no problems with that heavier car at AX's or DE's. I'm guessing I may have to play around with pads to get good forward/rear bias but I don't think that will be a show stopper. I have 16x7 and 16x8 Fuchs and BBS wheels that I'll probably have 225 + 245 tires so traction should not be an issue. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Nov 27 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Correction. Cleaned out the spare parts area, my Dad took the 911 Struts and such, but it's cool, because I havethe struts that are being replaced, originally from an actual 6
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:29 AM