Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Pump Hot Wired, Clogged??? Still here the buzz??
thompson-mfr
post May 22 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Thompson, Ryan

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,598
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have been trouble shooting my fuel system and hot wired the fuel pump.

I essentially bench tested it in the front trunk with the two output lines going to a gas can and the supply line still hooked up. I just changed the filter and checked to make sure there was flow after the filter and there was.

I applied 12v to the pump correctly with + and - correct (HM!), but no gas through the pump.

Can I blow compressed air gently through the pump to see if there are any obstructions????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
swl
post May 22 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

As others have said it should be be obvious if the pump is spinning. You will hear it and feel it. there will be no doubt in your mind.

Polarity is important - it won't do anything if backward.

If polarity is correct you can follow the Cap'n advice with it still in place. If you have a 3 port pump as the Cap'n described just take the 'R' outlet to your gas can. Gas normally does not come out of that port. If it is coming out that port you won't get gas to the injectors. You are also pooched. there is a pop off valve sticking and the chance of recussitating it is very very slim.

If nothing coming out of 'r' then try again with 'd'. Like the Cap'n said this will only give an indication but it is a place to start. If you get gas coming out of 'd' then you need to put it back together and look elsewhere. If you don't see gas coming out then you have to ask 'am I getting gas to the pump?' Take off the hose going to 's' and see if there is gas there - it is going to go all over the place so make arrangements to catch it somehow - maybe kink the hose as you take it off.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:55 AM